Sterling sterling... whose got some sterling... ME! (and my son).

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
That's the right attitude! Grats to you and your son and thanks for sharing. HH ALL

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds Skippy. I bet that spoon blew his ears off! [emoji4]

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Whites XLT
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grats on all the silver.
Your lucky that your son enjoys your hobby. Many moons from now, he'll have some nice stories to pass down to his son about your hunts.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found all kinds of treasure, Love the bling, but also love to hear aboput fathers and sons enjoying this passion together.:thumbsup:

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
enjoy it while you can sir!

Captain Kirk

Dec 27, 2014
Western Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a little info on the CTR ring. It's a Mormon ring, CTR stands for "Choose The Right". Dated a Mormon girl in my younger days. Nice finds!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was a great week last week for sterling finds. In addition to the 3 rings I already posted references to (Here's some pics)
View attachment 1288232 View attachment 1288233

... my son nabbed a full on sterling silver SPOON in a modern park. All I can figure is that some grandmother's tea set got raided by a kid. LOL It came out pretty bent, but my son was working on straightening it before I could even get a picture. Ah well.. his find. He's cleaned it up nicely now... Weighs in a more than an ounce. :) woot!

View attachment 1288228 View attachment 1288229 View attachment 1288230

For me, I went back to the same park and finished gridding. Found a single sterling pendant (maybe 1-2 grams is all), on a very light chain under a tree. Forgot to take a picture... It's still sitting in the garage on the picture board. LOL

My good find, though, came Saturday afternoon. We'd finished doing an elementary tot-lot and noted a city park adjacent to the elementary school... went and detected it. My son KILLED IT on the quarters (over $4 in an hour!), me, all I could find was pennies and dimes..> Was pretty funny. Definitely a difference between the left side of the soccer field and the right, apparently. I got the poor side. LOL

The day was saved, though, when I pulled out this sterling silver chain right at the end of the hunt. Not huge, but pretty. Broken link caused the loss. Will look at polishing this one and buying a few sterling links from e-bay to make the fix. Finally have enough broken jewelry to justify buying a bag.

View attachment 1288227

The day also had 3 rings for me and one for my kid. Mine were all junk (1 corroded costume, one really nice silver plated fake sapphire, and one "mood" ring.). My son pulled a small 925 ring Probably less than a gram. but silver ring, none-the-less! (Which is why I was so happy to pull the bracelet... felt cheated. LOL)

Sterling sterling everywhere! Now... time for the gold.

Skippy

WOOT!!!!!!!

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunting!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread