Sterling & Stones

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gather round thy campfire and listen to tale, cold be the air, my friends. Winter is among us and most treasures go into hibernation but thaw needn't be waited on, their hiding place always remaining the same. So mates, let us pass thy rum and reminisce where they be.

This land be given all sorts of reasons for the hiding of wealth, mother nature even hiding her fair share. So what be your pursuit, your passion, and do you know where it lies or might be tucked away? Save thy portion of your breath for ears be all around.

Let it be known that I have small preference in regard to the chase, whether it be precious metals or gems or valuable relics, as not just one holds too tight a spell over me. By land or water makes little difference to me, the chase is what I cherish and the prizes but a treat. I am always looking, always on the hunt, always sniffing about for clues. Thy brutal winters only serve me new course.

Wherever there be old I might likely be found, reading and snooping being all part of the chase. By winter's end I will be further along and the ship's sails ready to catch thy winds. A thought which now serves me a pause, I have a new ship this year that still needs appropriate name. Hmmmm.......four wheels and a comfortable womb?

I love old books, the smell alone exciting those senses of discovery, never knowing which one might hold critical clue. Ah, but alas there are three that have always escaped me, three secret books that tell of treasures yet found. The fire suddenly be getting warmer tonight, yes? Today, while snooping about for clues, I found this and I suspect it be true. I suspect the keepers are now at their work.

“Sterling & Stones is a short story, only about 15 pages. Within these pages reside the clues to a small but generous cache of silver jewelry and other items. Be the first to assemble the mystery correctly and you will arrive at a password for claiming your prize. This is not a difficult mystery and there will be no need of physical labor and travel as all of the clues are contained in the story and the solutions can be easily accessed by the proper research that in this modern day is available to everyone.

Like I said, this is not an unsolvable mystery and we do want someone to arrive at the correct solution and to claim the prize. This will be the first in a series of short stories harboring such prizes, however, as this series progresses you may still be required to hold knowledge of previous tales within the series in order to solve some of the later mysteries, which will grow longer and harder as these stories and mysteries progress.

Sterling & Stones, it will be available soon. This should provide great winter fun for the holders of these stories and those who will pursue these very real treasures.”

Now let it be said, mates, that this might seem but a story if not for a subtle legend that drifts about in the breeze, three secret books that can lead one to a number of such treasures, these being the diaries of a mysterious man with all too many names. It is said that he traveled this land when it was still taking shape. It is said that wherever he went he left behind treasures. And this is my chase, thy one that still eludes me. Or does it? I hear tell these stories be real.

chest 2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeper of the Secret Books - Sterling & Stones - is now listed in the classified forum with a link to where you can access your copy. Let the hunt begin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread