Stevens Trail

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been about a year now so some time to reflect. Got up at 3:30 am. Got to Colfax at 4:30 am and headed down the trail in darkness. Got lost a couple times on the way. It was about 25 degrees and my drinking water froze. This trail is amazing, it feels like your looking out an airplane window. If your afraid of heights stay home! Well when I hit the river I tried to balance out my detector in true greenhorn fashion on the worlds largest iron loaded bedrock. Wasted all day until I headed up-river and found a nice bench. Loaded up one pan and POW on the gold. Time to head h IMAG0612.jpg IMAG0617.jpg ome after one pan and return another day.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMAG0606.jpg

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of my favorite trails for sure.. The Iowa Hill side of Stevens is equally breath taking.

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool Pic's AUfisher....I keep wanting to explore other area's, but usually end up on the river in that area. So far is my favorite. Camping out there tomorrow night. Can't wait

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cool Pic's AUfisher....I keep wanting to explore other area's, but usually end up on the river in that area. So far is my favorite. Camping out there tomorrow night. Can't wait

Amazing location ALewis! You should do well. Good luck and give us a report!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Alewis...So...I have to ask, you are going to miss the game?

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
425Jesse.... Yes, I must confess that I have the fever that bad. Camping & prospecting won out this weekend...Sort of, I am bringing my trustee battery powered radio, even though the reception will be iffy at best. Also, setting the DVR, should be home 9-10 PM sunday evening, so will get the "tape delayed version".

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are the man for sure! I wanted to go out before the game, but wife said we weren't gonna do an 8 hour trip before hand :(. Going Tuesday after work instead! Good luck to you and your gold collection!

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An educated guess tells me that there could be 10 ozs of gold in that gravel bar - trick is getting it quickly and efficiently.

Don't tell my brother that ! "Thnk" I know that spot, (last summer we saw a bear just on the other side of that rock ;)
we always talk about sluicn around there, So much overburden tho.....and many 5 gal buckets to be moved

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't tell my brother that ! "Thnk" I know that spot, (last summer we saw a bear just on the other side of that rock ;)
we always talk about sluicn around there, So much overburden tho.....and many 5 gal buckets to be moved

LMAO - Yes, it would take a minimum of 2 partners, staying on the bar all summer. The smaller-than-basketball-sized cobbles could be raked/netted out of the way with a portable hand-powered or gasoline winch. The larger boulders can be winched individually, but you will learn to hate rocks ! Mother nature is trying to help you right now by having the water level at record lows, and normally wet, mucky over-sized rocks can now be dry-classified, saving much effort. As
far as food/gasoline supplies - do you know any helicopter pilot friends? lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread