1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups oatmeal, pulverized
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 recipe Vanilla Cream

In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until light and the mixture comes together, about 5 minutes. Add the egg and beat well..... Add the milk and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients. Add to the butter mixture and stir by hand until dough comes together (it should be well incorporated but not overly mixed). Place dough in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
Heat oven to 375°F. Once dough has chilled, drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown but soft in the center, about 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Once cookies have cooled completely, match them in pairs. (You want cookies of roughly the same size and shape.) Turn one cookie upside down and place approximately 1 tablespoon of vanilla cream on the underside of it (which is facing up). Place the second cookie of the pair on top of the cream, baked side up. Sandwich the two sides together, and press gently to even out the cream filling.

Note....To pulverize oatmeal into a coarse meal, put it in a food processor or blender and pulse.

Attachments

• Little Stevey\'s.jpg
    Little Stevey\'s.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 134

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hummm.....Looks strangely similar to some Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies that I have on my countertop....and in my camper....and under my pillow...and in my glovebox....

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevesno said:
Hummm.....Looks strangely similar to some Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies that I have on my countertop....and in my camper....and under my pillow...and in my glovebox....

LOL Steve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread