Stewart Warner Traffic Tested Fuel Pump. How Old and What Vehicle?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mystery car part number two. I know it's a fuel pump, but how old and what vehicle (or vehicles) did it go to? I'm trying to figure out how old this auto parts dump is, so the approximate age of the pump would help. Thanks!

stewart warner fuel pump.JPG

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old style I should say. They have changed it on later models because they would fail to pump well at high RPM. This style was also used on Buick, pontiac etc..;

Upvote 0

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw that you wanted the age of the parts dump. These were used as early as the chevy 265 which was in the early 50's and used through the 70's This pump frame is still used today
Maybe you should target a different part?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should target a different part?

I should have taken more photos, I guess. There was a very large diameter driveshaft and a 5 bolt pattern rim that had very wide backspacing (both reminded me of muscle car parts). I'll go back again and take more photos. Thanks for the help, guys.

Upvote 0

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tim,
These are also Parts that are minor to a car and used across many years and types of cars. Look for major parts for a car Like engine blocks, intake and exhaust manifolds cranks water pumps carburetors tail light lensws and trim pieces etc These have casting numbers that can be traced to the year of manufacture. The rims will too but they fit many years of cars and are very easy to swap so you could be years off with a find like that

Cheers friend

Upvote 0
OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, trdking! I'll try to get back there today. I didn't see any engine blocks, but there were a lot of fenders and trim pieces (all rusted or bent). All this stuff was tossed down a steep gully, so it's going to be fun dragging any of it up the hill!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old style I should say. They have changed it on later models because they would fail to pump well at high RPM. This style was also used on Buick, pontiac etc..;
Yup, it has a sediment bowl type fuel filter attached which wasn't used much after the early 60's. Some industrial and heavy duty vehicles still had them but not many cars or pickups.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions