Stick Insect

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Woke up to see this on the side of the house. Near same colour as the paint so guess it got blown off of a tree out back in the wind last night and found a camoflauge spot to hide on.
Childrens Stick insect they are known as and live on and eat eucalyptus leaves. Harmless.
IMG_20240320_081117_743~2.jpg

IMG_20240320_085310_145~2.jpg

Put it back on a gum tree. Hows the camoflauge when they are in them huh!
IMG_20240320_102426_197~2.jpg
IMG_20240320_102117_928~3.jpg
IMG_20240320_102045_959~2.jpg

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How neat is that. Very neat camouflage.
The body shape and color does match the eucalyptus leaves very well.

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
How neat is that. Very neat camouflage.
The body shape and color does match the eucalyptus leaves very well.
Hi. I have as a kid with my father been taken fishing and hunting in the bush with him. Even when I got married and we lived in the bush and still do. This is only the second iv ever seen. And I pay attention to everything around me as here, well, everything want's to bite or kill you here :laughing7:
There are hundreds of amazing things that are crazy camouflaged here, lizards, birds, insects. You could walk through the bush and maybe see a kangaroo or wallaby. But could walk past dozens of creatures. I spend a bit of time these days appreciating it and taking my time more than when I was a wipper snapper, is that what you guys call it, young and a lot to learn yet?

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I have as a kid with my father been taken fishing and hunting in the bush with him. Even when I got married and we lived in the bush and still do. This is only the second iv ever seen. And I pay attention to everything around me as here, well, everything want's to bite or kill you here :laughing7:
There are hundreds of amazing things that are crazy camouflaged here, lizards, birds, insects. You could walk through the bush and maybe see a kangaroo or wallaby. But could walk past dozens of creatures. I spend a bit of time these days appreciating it and taking my time more than when I was a wipper snapper, is that what you guys call it, young and a lot to learn yet?
That's a great definition of whipper snapper.
I guess it does pay to pay close attention over there with everything looking to do you in.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Chilli
Thank you for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread