stickys overlooked?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never see them because I almost exclusively use the "new post" button.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Seeker41, I recommend you contact the metal detecting clubs, post in Metal Detecting, Beach and Shallow Water, General Discussion, Events, etc. Also post on other forums, send PM's to everybody, even those you haven't heard from for some time. Go back in History. Contact all the famous Treasure Hunters. Don't leave out the Archaeologists that sympathize with us. Making contact and getting an idea of how many folks will show up is one of the hardest parts of putting this thing together. I never knew whether I was going to have 50 or 500.
Aquanut

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeker, I copied your sticky and posted it in several of the popular forums as a floating thread, just "bump" it ever so often to return it to the top...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does anyone else think that the "stickys" are easily overlooked? chuck.

absolutely. I see it first hand. I continuously see posts asking questions where the answers are above in the stickys.

they are pretty much a waste of space except when we need to refer someone to them

Last edited:
OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
absolutely. I see it first hand. I continuously see posts asking questions where the answers are above in the stickys.

they are pretty much a waste of space except when we need to refer someone to them

yep, I skip right over them and go to the first normal thread!!!! if it is possible, I think the light blue highlight should be removed and the stickys would not seem to be separated from the rest of the treads/topcs?

chuck.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, I skip right over them and go to the first normal thread!!!! if it is possible, I think the light blue highlight should be removed and the stickys would not seem to be separated from the rest of the treads/topcs? chuck.

What would happen then is we would eventually get complaints,
especially in the forums where there are several..
and members start accidentally reading old posts every time they pop in :laughing7:

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would happen then is we would eventually get complaints,
especially in the forums where there are several..
and members start accidentally reading old posts every time they pop in :laughing7:

your probably right! the moderators should schedule a meeting at a nice beach bar in the Bahamas to discuss it!!!

chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread