Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's in your heart and soul, take him digging. He will always be with you and I'm sure that's what he'd want.
It's what I'd want.

HH, RN

yardgoat

May 15, 2015
Salmon, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for your loss, I'm sure you will mourn and miss him for the rest of your life. But continue to do the things that you both loved and when you find that special find or visit somewhere you both loved be assured that he is with you in your heart.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss, best way to honor him is to teach another family member or friend metal detecting..

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's never easy loosing a loved one, and a whole lot harder when there's something that bonds one together. I lost a digging/like minded family member every 2yrs for 10 yrs it was hard, as one never gets over it before another happened. My sympathies go out to you as I have travelled this grief driven road myself too many times. Though remember the trips, the finds, dedicate a keeper when you dig it up to your Grampa something that would make him smile, and that alone will help cherish his memory every time you look at it sitting there.

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sorry for your loss. In time all that will remain are the happy memories that you two made together. My prayers are with you my friend.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As a self proclaimed mama’s boy I lost my mother to cancer two years ago. Two days before she passed me and queen got married in her hospice room so she could be at my wedding. I miss her every day, but she’s with me body and soul...her urn in the living room :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very sorry for your loss, I too miss my G-PA who took me prospecting and rock hunting. I honor his memory by trying to be a good a man as he was and rather than grieve when I find a shiny rock I smile and laugh a bit as I can still hear him say "Do you know what kind of rock this is???? That is a prime example of a levarite....leave it right there LOL" I know that it seems trite to say "time heals" but it is true. Got out and dig something up and smile.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My sincere condolences... Just know this, people remain alive as long as they are remembered. I'm sure he'd want you to move on, life is for the living. Keep driving on and moving forward. You will never get where you need to be if you continually look in your rear view mirror. He is never far from you and he is watching over you and others. Cherish the memories you made with him and make him proud every day.

If you ever need to talk, just PM me your number, I'll be here for you.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My condolences of the passing of your Grandfather. We are one throughout this universe and he will always be there with you.
I can still hear my Father's voice. That rich timbre has never left my ears.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's got to be tough, although rejoice in the memories of time spent with him. Both my granddaddies died years before I was born, so all that I have are a few belongings of theirs. My deepest condolences for your loss.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for your loss. When my Dad died 4 years ago, I was literally crushed. It still hurts, I think it always will until I join him again on the other side. Whenever I'm MDing or looking for arrowheads, I think of him, my Mother and my Uncle who all taught me so much about the outdoors. I know their spirits are there with me just as your Grandfather is with you in spirit. Look for little signs that he is sending you, I assure you they are there if you are open to them. I hope the good Lord eases the pain of your loss. Hang in there.
dts

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry, god bless you. It is difficult. Hope you feel better sooner than later.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My prayers are with you, claypile. The first year of holidays without your loved one are the toughest. Eventually, the pain subsides to all the wonderful memories that you have. You're not alone and I'm glad so many are reaching out to you.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
My grandfather passed away 3 months ago. He was an avid treasure hunter and together we were able to build a small collection of stuff that we discovered from our trips.
I miss him so much and I am still grieving hard every time I remember our escapades.

I always found this piece of poetry to be comforting:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 9.48.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 9.48.28 PM.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
C

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the kind and uplifting words. I'm glad that I opened up in this forum. You all put a smile on my face and somehow the memory of my G'Pops is no longer full of depressing thoughts rather a memory to live by. I also encountered an insight from BetterHelp that talking to persons with the same interests can really ease down some emotional burdens.

SofiaCally

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the kind and uplifting words. I'm glad that I opened up in this forum. You all put a smile on my face and somehow the memory of my G'Pops is no longer full of depressing thoughts rather a memory to live by. I also encountered an insight from BetterHelp that talking to persons with the same interests can really ease down some emotional burdens.

that's actually true, you can really get emotional support from them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread