Still in a silver slump...but I found some bronze!??

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Toward the end of a very rainy Sunday I headed down to a local park and did a little swingin.The area I hunted was full of late 60s clad and probably some goodies but the ground was water saturated and my plugs looked bad so I opted to come back another day.On the way home I stopped at a foundation where I had found some wheaties last week.I poked around about 20 minutes finding two more wheats, (a 26 and a 42) and a 1939 10 Pfennig hiding in the same hole as an old marble.Nothin great but thought Id share...H.H....Joe

Attachments

• PICT0022.JPG
    PICT0022.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 236
  • PICT0023.JPG
    PICT0023.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those old marbles are nice finds...Where teh wheats are , theres silver...HH

S

southbound

Nice finds. Intresting that you would find the 10 pfennig coin there.
Vern

R

rvbvetter

Cool find!! Nothing wrong with bronze. After all, they talk about the bronze age. You never hear them say the silver age. Unless it's senior citizen month. So bronze is good. HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that German 10 Pfenning coin really held up well, the ones I find here in Germany are usually in bad condition. HH, Mike

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I would think the 10 pfennig coin might have been brought back home by returning US soldiers after WWII.

Nonetheless...nice find! As we all know, it is amazing to find the unique, bizarre and unexpected stuff! Sure every find has a story behind it, but sometimes even the possible stories behind it are enough to make ya scratch yer head and go "Hmmmmm...."
:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions