Bobby Holland

Greenie
Feb 20, 2011
Burlington, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little old machine locks in on a coin like a wirehaired pointer on a bobwhite. I'm glad I got it while the brand was still alive -- and there were a lot of users here. I sure can pick 'em: Compass. White's, Tesoro!:laughing9:
I still have my DeLeon. I kept seeing how great Minelab Xterra Pro was & the price was real good. So I got one. I'm not sure it's any better than the DeLeon. At least I have a water proof Beach detector.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little old machine locks in on a coin like a wirehaired pointer on a bobwhite. I'm glad I got it while the brand was still alive -- and there were a lot of users here. I sure can pick 'em: Compass. White's, Tesoro!:laughing9:
I can share the love for the DeLeon.
Luckily before they closed, I got a used one but acted a bit funny. I sent it in a long with a troy super 7 coil from the tesoro manufactured troy X2 detector. (Similar to the Mojave 7" but they told me troy had different winding specs on theirs)
I had them tune up the detector and the coil needed to be rewound then had them tune the detector to that coil since it doesn't have GB.
Man that thing is the best coin hunter I have.
Favorite part about it is I can set the disc to just knock out nails and with the probability graphs (I call them) I can see exactly what I'm swinging over.
I'm surprised no other company employed this graph style.
Anyway it's a great detector!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions