Still no silver yet, but some interesting finds...

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
I think I've got the Safari down pat now, but it's killing me that I haven't come across any silver yet! I'm finding just about everything else, though. Guess I just have to be patient.

So here are yesterday's finds. The first one is not so great, at least not for the truck driver of this rig that I photographed on my way to Chehalis on the I-5. Ouch!

About twenty minutes later I arrive at an old park and found my second old pocketwatch. Not sure what brand this was...too corroded, but it is much smaller than the old Ingersoll watch I found. This sounded off solid at +21 on my Safari. I also found here a 1938 and 1940 Canadian pennies. Been finding tons of these since having moved to Washington, more so than wheaties. Also found were three wheats--1940, 1951, and a dateless one which is soaking in peroxide right now.

At the next site I find a Bolo tie with a very nice looking stone cab, an aluminum finger ring which I thought was silver at first until I read "Hong Kong" on the back. And then I find this odd triangular shaped green plastic thing. It was heavy. I shook it, sounded like coins inside. Got it home and cut it open and found a bunch of modern memorials and two Canadian nickels, LOL.

I got permission to detect a small open lot in town, over which at one time was an old saloon and in more modern times a tavern. It burned down some years ago and allegedly some old (and modern) coins were lost in the fire. We'll see how that pans out. Till then, HH everyone!

Ray

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 613
  • finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 620
  • coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 609
  • nickels.jpg
    nickels.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 611
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a bad day at all. Silver is tough up here. Once your in it your set though. Lookin forward to hookin up for a hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story and pics,

I reckon the Green Triangle can be considered a Cache :icon_pirat:
Mike

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hi Ray.

Wow, I guess the silver is really tough up there to find. I'll send some your way. ;D There's plenty down here.

Keep at it. I want to see what your first silver is going to be!

HH,

CAPTN SE
Dan

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you absolutely sure that cab stone isn't set in silver? It would be pretty unusual to have a nice stone like that set in junk metal.

S

seger98

SusanMN said:
Are you absolutely sure that cab stone isn't set in silver? It would be pretty unusual to have a nice stone like that set in junk metal.

She's got a good point there.

Pocket watch is a neat find although it's seen better days, that little coin purse is a real cool find!

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I second that on silver being tough to find up here. Nice finds though. We should all get together one weekend and have a big hunt.

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
seger98 said:
SusanMN said:

She's got a good point there.

Pocket watch is a neat find although it's seen better days, that little coin purse is a real cool find!

Yep, I'm sure it's not silver but has like a chrome sort of plating. Can't see it in the pic but up close you can see where that chroming has worn off.

I love the little pocket watch. It was my favorite find of the day. Just wish it was in much better condition, at least to the point where I could figure out its maker. :(

Ray

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, Ray. That's why I don't run the western states in the winter. No chains on my rig >:( I actually don't do much winter driving because so many people don't know how to drive in the winter >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions