still trying to find anyone that has used the c-scope cs3mx in the states!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there's going to be much of a rush to import one because after import duty has been paid you could have afforded to buy a better U.S. machine.
There was a test conducted that appered to show the C-Scope as beating a Tesoro by 1.5 to 2.0 inches on most targets. The problem with this was the Tesoro was fitted with 5.75" coil and the C-Scope had the stock 8 inch.

When I did a few (inground) tests the deepest coin with the 3MX was a Victorian copper penny at 8 inches. This is a large pure copper coin. A Victorian halfpenny which is much smaller but still bigger than the U.S. quarter came in at just under 7 inches.

In Europe its cheap and sensitive with a good warranty. You don't really need that degree of sensitivity in the U.S. but might want a range of coil types and sizes and C-Scope just don't provide them.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for an actual response, iwas looking at this of sort of as a poormans tejon because of the 17khz i really like it in looks department to and the reviews it gets in the uk are really good and the goldmax xp is the only compared to in recovery speed and what is your take on the gold max by the way?

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trouble with the Goldmaxx is that if you buy one you also need to buy a low frequency XP to go with it for pasture/non ploughed sites.

I've been trying to sell my wifes immaculate Goldmaxx for months with no interest so far. The reason for this I think is that either a later T2 or F75 will do the job that XP needs both high and low frequency machines to do.
My Goldmaxx went when I got a T2. Similar recovery speeds between all these machines.

I just wish the build quality was a bit better with the T2/F75 though a French dealer says he's had more returns of the Mk 2 model XP's than with First Texas products.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread