stolen ctx 3030

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week, my ctx 3030 with 6" and 11" coil and aa battery pack was stolen. The main unit's Serial#40446609632. It was pretty scuffed up, and there's a line in the screen, and silicon grease under the USB cap. Minelab has been alerted and they have the serial #. If this machine comes on your radar, and if for some reason you don't get hold of me through forum or pm, just contact minelab.

thx
Larry

If it is ever sent in to Minelab for repairs they will snag it since it is reported stolen.

Thanks for the heads up. Keep an eye on Craigslist and local pawn shops.

Suck Factor is High!

So sorry to hear your CTX was stolen. Here's hoping you are reunited with your detector and the low life's responsible are caught and punished.

Damn, thats rough. Curious just how it was stolen, car break in - home burglary? Hope you get it back.

Hope you get it back soon.

I truly am so sorry for that. We all know just how we would feel about it if it were to happen to ANY of us, and the heck of it is, that more than likely, it was some moron who really hasn't a clue what to do with it. Pawn shop? VERY good scaupus, having the serial #'s. Something I see now I need to do.

Last edited:
This is a good reminder for us all. I'm sorry it cost you your CTX, and here's hoping it is returned to you.

I personally need to record the serial number of each and every machine I own = DUH this won't happen to me......

Where are you from or what area was it stolen ?

Sorry that happened to you scaupus. If it were stolen from your car your auto insurance may cover it. Renters or home owner insurance may have a clause that covers you. Good luck!

That sucks, nothing worse than a thief, I hope you catch the scumbag

i read that those have GPS , is it possible that if its powered up it can be tracked? like police can do with our smart phones? i hope you get it back man, that sucks..

check pawn stores - I had 2 machines stolen last year and they were found by detectives at a pawn shop - luckily the pawn stores up this way are supposedly supposed to hold electronics for like a month before selling just in case - 2 brothers known for stealing and selling for heroine were responsible but they could only nab one for the crime

Sorry for your loss. I don't know how I'd feel if someone stole "Martha" my main machine, we've been a couple since 2014.

Auto Insurance

Sorry that happened to you scaupus. If it were stolen from your car your auto insurance may cover it. Renters or home owner insurance may have a clause that covers you. Good luck!

His Auto insurance will not cover it. It is though covered i=on his Home Owners (Inland marine) But his deductible enters into it

As asked above...in what state do you reside?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back