STOLEN GOLDEN uMAX

tucando

Greenie
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
Detector(s) used
White's VISION/ MXT Pro- GPZ 7000/3500 & BFO'S- GM3-Compass 77 AUTO
Hello! I just want everyone to know that a gentleman's Tesoro Golden u Max was stolen off his front door after Fed-ex made a delivery. He was not home at this time and somebody snatched his package.
Here is the Stolen Golden u Max serial number #199054. Just beware for home delivery being dropped off.
Thanks

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That sucks!

Saw a video one time about this person who was going around following UPS vehicles and, if nobody was home, they'd take the package(s). ...'Tis the season! :BangHead: And that video rates right up there with the ....can't remember if it was UPS or USPS, but the driver kept driving right up to the door of this one house - OFF THE DRIVEWAY AND OVER THE LAWN!! Homeowner finally put up a camera and caught them.

One more thing to consider, even though it's a longshot - check to make certain the package was dropped off at the correct address. There's not many houses OR road signs where we live, and usually once a year or so a new driver will drop off a package at the wrong home.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Bummer.

If you do not locate it soon, I would call Tesoro just in case it goes in for repair someday.

Rare_Hunter

Mar 1, 2009
Green Bay, Wi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Tesoro Golden U-Max
How do you know it was stolen?. are you sure it was not left at a different address or did you see the package on your porch, leave it there, come back and then gone? Or did a driver verify the physical address drop off point?
been getting packages 3-6 times per week since 2002 and never had an issue. sorry for the loss either way that one hurts.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happens all the time in the city nearest me. :(
So many "people"... are just scum these days. I don't remember hearing about this kind of stuff so much a few years back. It seems that there are more drug addicts around than ever before, and all they want to do besides get high is become squatters, burning down houses they break into and stealing from everyone. Hopefully our laws will be changing soon, giving our police more freedom to harass and arrest those scum. Start some work camps for those dirtbags.
Before moving to where I am now we were burgled a couple of times, and those dirtbags attempted to squat in an old house I'd inherited. Cops got 'em out, but after they'd already made off with half of the house. They did leave their crack pipe for me though. Sorry 'bout the rant.

Rare_Hunter

Mar 1, 2009
Green Bay, Wi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Tesoro Golden U-Max
I suppose it depends on the location and luck. I have lived in a poor neighborhood to lower middle class and then to middle class and never had an issue. I know package thieving of US mail if supposed to be very harsh and it should apply across the board to UPS / FEDEX to help deter a bit more.

Happens all the time in the city nearest me. :(
So many "people"... are just scum these days. I don't remember hearing about this kind of stuff so much a few years back. It seems that there are more drug addicts around than ever before, and all they want to do besides get high is become squatters, burning down houses they break into and stealing from everyone. Hopefully our laws will be changing soon, giving our police more freedom to harass and arrest those scum. Start some work camps for those dirtbags.
Before moving to where I am now we were burgled a couple of times, and those dirtbags attempted to squat in an old house I'd inherited. Cops got 'em out, but after they'd already made off with half of the house. They did leave their crack pipe for me though. Sorry 'bout the rant.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I say off with their hands, then no support from taxpayers. May sound cruel, but I bet it wouldn't happen so much. :angry4:

Magimerlin

Greenie
Oct 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this is why I have a po box and large shipments go to a close friends work(they own it)during working hours only..as I build power lines so I don't really have a work shipping address...lol..

sent from what use to be a great country...

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yepper just like the old SNL skit medieval judge. Let's see, he stole so we cut off his hand, he slandered the king so we cut out his tongue. What's the new charge. Adultery! Take him away!

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOOKIE HERE:

Tesoro-Metal-Detector

Just noticed this one on ebay; looks a bit scammish... They show both a Golden with Troy Super 7 AND a Silver Sabre, but don't mention which one you'll actually recieve...
I'd be asking for more pictures, showing the underside... and which detector you'll get for your bid.
Offered by pheobefigalilly - "the nanny"... ^_^

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
LOOKIE HERE:

Tesoro-Metal-Detector

Just noticed this one on ebay; looks a bit scammish... They show both a Golden with Troy Super 7 AND a Silver Sabre, but don't mention which one you'll actually recieve...
I'd be asking for more pictures, showing the underside... and which detector you'll get for your bid.
Offered by pheobefigalilly - "the nanny"... ^_^
I only see the Silver Sabre shown in the pics.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is why crime is so rampant in our country. Nothing is done to punish criminals. A few years back cattle rustlers and horse thieves were hanged.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only see the Silver Sabre shown in the pics.

That's weird; I see 4 pictures, but only the last one is the SS, first 3 are the Golden. I even refreshed the page a couple times, thinking maybe they pulled 'em. I'm on my ipad right now and can't save those pics. I'll go check on the Mac...

EDIT: saved as screenshots on the Mac:

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 3.25.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 3.24.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 3.24.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 3.25.22 PM.png

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
What's weird is, now I see two different machines. A Silver Sabre and a Golden uMax. What gives?? This is really bizarre - yet not the first time I've heard of people posting about such eBay ads, onlt to go there and the pics be different than what they posted. Maybe people get confused when making the ads, and even more confused when updating? :laughing7:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, maybe someone wants to request more pics of what's actually being offered. Any wise seller knows to hype up a potentially valuable item to the maximum, and this seller is just calling it "a Tesoro detector", with a really vague description. Something smells fishy.

I would have kept stealthy about this and not outed it if I were in the market for a Golden, and my apologies to any of you who had thought they spotted a deal... While not likely that this one is the stolen Golden (is it?), I'm not looking for one. I just don't see them being so special...

So folks, it's all yours... :occasion18:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This story seem to be on the national news every year at this time. I really have a lazy USP man. He drops of my packages when he sees me inside my apartment and do not even knock on my door. One time, he turn my 40 Inch TV on the wrong side, and also, did nto knock. It was broken, and I had to send it back to get a new one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions