Stone and Clay Artifacts

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
You are claiming that these are from the North American Continent, east of the Mississippi River...or am I mistaken? The look to be from the Dremel culture (similar to the foredom period people, but foredom are more refined).

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neanderthal said:
You are claiming that these are from the North American Continent, east of the Mississippi River...or am I mistaken? The look to be from the Dremel culture (similar to the foredom period people, but foredom are more refined).

The "Dremel" culture. Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. ;D

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Tuscoro said:
Neanderthal said:

Yes I am claiming they are from east of the Mississippi, this collection in part, is the result of collections brought together from over two hundred years.

Umm, yuppers, I have no doubt they are Dremel period artifacts :icon_thumright:

They aren't as rare as some may think, I see them offered up all of the time. The makers are known for turning out them out in mass quantities and bartering them off in large gatherings called....umm..."grasshopper bazaars"...or something like that?

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Tuscoro said:
Neanderthal said:
Tuscoro said:
Neanderthal said:

Yes I am claiming they are from east of the Mississippi, this collection in part, is the result of collections brought together from over two hundred years.

Umm, yuppers, I have no doubt they are Dremel period artifacts :icon_thumright:

They aren't as rare as some may think, I see them offered up all of the time. The makers are known for turning out them out in mass quantities and bartering them off in large gatherings called....umm..."grasshopper bazaars"...or something like that?

Ah, don't worry, ther're not for sale they are locked up and behind closed doors by now.
Ya, forgers created over 30,000 artifacts and put the same insignia on each one, some people just have nothing better to do huh?..LOL

If the images some how offend you I can remove them? Just thought I'd share them. :-\
By the way, the little tags you see on some of them are the Archaeolgist tags.

You say they aren't yours, so I wouldn't worry so much about it. They don't offend me, I actually find it rather humorous. If you had said some of the items were European, they would have come closer to being credible, but they even fall short there. They are in fact fantasy pieces, modern reproductions. If you look close at them you will notice that many (if not all) appear to be created by the same person. I'm not trying to chastise you or anything, you didn't claim you found them or even that they belong to you. I'm only trying to help educate you, even though unsolicited.

As far as "archaeologist tags" - they would be either accessioning modern reproductions, or need to hit the books a little harder. I happen to know a little bit about documentation and curation of relics. For the record, you wouldn't believe how -uneducated- most archaeologists are about artifact authenticity, mainly because it's not their job. Not all, but many.

Have a wonderful day.

P

pickaway

Nice!!! never seen anything like those before...I'm going out on a limb here pre-clovis?

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No ruffling here Tuscoro. It's just that none of those pieces looked like American Indian artifacts at all. At least not North American. I have looked at and studied artifacts from Cahokia, the Caddoan Culture, Poverty Point, Mississippian Culture, Ft Ancient Culture, and Spiro Mound, which by the way probably had more exotic examples of American Indian artifacts than any other place in the country and I have never seen anything like those. Some look Pre-Columbian and some look Middle Eastern to me. That's why I asked for a link to the source so I can see any text that went with them. If you don't want to put the links back up I understand, put I would appreciate it if you would send them to me in a PM.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread