Stone pathways in yard, privy paths?

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all, I've posted here about the outhoused before but I have some more questions for you outhouse diggers. ;) On the way to the old outhouse there is a flat river rock path, mostly buried now but sometimes I clean one them off to make sure where it lies. It ends under 2 humongous Catalpa trees. Anyway, I think it was last summer when I tied a mean dog out by my crabapple tree that I noticed more flat stones where he was digging. There is another pathway leading the opposite direction of the old pathway. This newly discovered one leads to the base of the crabapple tree. Would there have been another outhouse site? I can't see any other reason to make a path leading under a tree unless they had picnics there. My husband tried the 250 out on the old pathway but we got so many crazy wires and farm doodads that I lost interest. YES, I promise as soon as the buds come out I will dig the privy on a warm spring day and let everyone know just what is down there. May be dissapointing because we have 2 wells and 2 systerns just outside the door and they may have chucked their stuff down there instead. Heck, I shove stuff between the boards myself. It's irresistable!

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Cool :)... post some pics and finds! I think you are prolly right about the path leading someplace... makes some sense to me anyway. I think you should leet the dog help dig as much as possible!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread