Stone Tablets-Most likely planted fakes.

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So lets not pretend that nature can't produce most of the things people are claiming are man made monuments. Yes, they are beautiful and interesting, but not treasure markers, and not man made. And yes, man may have decided to use them as landmarks on maps or to remember nearby locations, may have place artificial markings on them for various reasons, but that does not mean man had anything to do with their creation.
Ahhhh man... now you're blowing some dudes dreams. Some here would have you believe that a group of guys grabbed a bunch of hammers, drills, some slaves, some livestock to BBQ and said to themselves... "hey let's ride 50 miles out into the middle of the mountains and carve us up some rocks. We'll have have some fun and make it one big party... who's with me". :headbang:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manmade or natural ?

n.JPG

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course there is nothing man made in that photo, and nothing even resembling something man made.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt and SDCFIA,

I agree that many monuments I see posted here are not man made. There are very large man made monuments. Not super detailed, but used for long distance travel. I refer you to books by Chuck Kenworthy. When you get close to anything valuable, you will find nothing large. Clues to hidden wealth become smaller and more obtuse the closer you get.

I even started a thread about the subject some time ago:

Becoming good at finding monuments/symbols/markers comes in three stages:

1. Every crack or vein in any rock is a treasure sign. You spend a lot of time chasing things that are natural. You may actually find some authentic monuments, but they get lost in the cluster of BS. You rarely ever find anything because you are chasing in too many directions.

What happens is that usually you get frustrated that you haven't found anything yet. Because of this frustration, you either quit or move to stage 2.

2. Frustration from stage 1 make you more cynical. You look at potential monuments with a more critical eye. What happens here is that you disregard some authentic monuments that are authentic. Again, you rarely find anything valuable because you got frustrated with all the red herring chases you did in stage 1.

3. If you have the wherewithal to make it all the way to stage 3, you have found that seeing monuments is part imagination and part science. One side of your brain sees the monument, but the other half wants verification it is man made. If you made it this far, and you have it down, this is where you start to find REAL things.

Mike

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think some treasure hunters actually make things harder to find when they do as Mike said above and conclude things they see are treasure indicators that are in fact just naturally caused, and do not point or lead to anything. Its hard enough as it is sifting through the misinformation, lack of evidence, and loss of historical information when it comes to treasure hunting. Be skeptical, even of your own thoughts and theories and impressions. Hold them all up to the light of day and be brutally honest with yourself about them, so you don't lead yourself down a rabbit hole, and get nowhere and find nothing. Go where the evidence leads you, don't try to make the evidence support what you want to conclude. And always be open to new finds or information that may alter your original conclusions or perspective. If there is something to find, that is how you find it, unless you just happen to get lucky. And it seems luck is very rare when it comes to finding treasure.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think some treasure hunters actually make things harder to find when they do as Mike said above and conclude things they see are treasure indicators that are in fact just naturally caused, and do not point or lead to anything. Its hard enough as it is sifting through the misinformation, lack of evidence, and loss of historical information when it comes to treasure hunting. Be skeptical, even of your own thoughts and theories and impressions. Hold them all up to the light of day and be brutally honest with yourself about them, so you don't lead yourself down a rabbit hole, and get nowhere and find nothing. Go where the evidence leads you, don't try to make the evidence support what you want to conclude. And always be open to new finds or information that may alter your original conclusions or perspective. If there is something to find, that is how you find it, unless you just happen to get lucky. And it seems luck is very rare when it comes to finding treasure.

Rinse and repeat.

If you want a chance to find something, you will need to be fortunate enough to acquire information that is not in the public domain - or if it is, to a very limited degree. If you enjoy the TH lifestyle as a social outlet, as most here do, then bone up on the LDM, LAD, and the other "legends".

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt & SDCFIA,

We are in complete agreement here. If I could add one more thing:

There are literally tens of thousands of legitimate markers/symbols/monuments out there. 99% of them are there to show trails, water sources, good campsites, etc. 1% (or less) of them have anything to do with treasure. I can start at San Javier del Bac Mission in Mexico and retrace the exact route of Capt Juan Bautista de Anza all the way to Monterrey, Ca. by following the monumented trail. I also know the route by heart as I have explored most of it. It follows just South of the US/Mexico Border until it gets to El Centinal (The Sentinal) Mountain. From there, skirt the Eastern end of the Coyote Mountains and continue North through the gap between Fish Creek Mt and Superstition Hills. Camp at San Sebastian Marsh. Follow San Felipe Creek around the North side of Borrego Mt. Follow that route through Borrego Springs past Coyote Creek into Coyote Canyon. From there, over the hill Northwest to the Pacific. There are tons of monuments along the way. Some keep you on trail and some point to water or shelter. NONE point to treasure. Along that route though, there are two well known treasure (one treasure one lost mine) stories. A couple of monuments for one are there.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Frank. That's reaching.

Cover story? I know what you are talking about. Remember, you showed me your stone in AJ. Are you saying that Al Reser was lying? He said he recovered the Latin Heart from the spot that I saw. The spot that I was shown is right on with the map Travis Tumlinson drew for his Uncle Robert.

THIS IS TRAVIS' MAP:
foundstonemapstum.jpg

That map correlates with the modern 60, not the old one. Also, if you read your own source, the Old 60 was abandoned in 1949. Tumlinson would have been driving on the ALL NEW 60. Once again, his map correlates with the modern 60.

Frank,

I give you all the credit in the world, because you have found gold in the Superstitions where so many "experts" in the field have said it didn't exist. I don't know you have found LDM gold. Maybe Peralta/Gonzalez Gold. Maybe a vein that has never been seen before. We're friends and I don't doubt your honesty in anything you say. I may not agree with some of your conclusions, but I never doubt that you believe what you say.

Mike

Attachments

• foundstonemaps1.jpg
    foundstonemaps1.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 104

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you saying that Al Reser was lying? He said he recovered the Latin Heart from the spot that I saw.

Mike, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Charlie Miller the finder of the LH?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Charlie Miller the finder of the LH?

You know. I think Jim told me it was Al Reser, but let me check. Damn him for dying and making it harder for me to find the stuff he told me. HAHAHA

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just searched and found the answer. We were both wrong! HAHAHA Bill Hidden was original finder of the Latin Heart. Here is the response email Jim sent me back in 2006:

Hey Jim,
I've been going over this new information in my head, and I was wondering if you knew a couple of things:

1. Do you really not know who found the Latin Heart? Or, who has it now?

Bill Hidden found it, as far as I know, it was never photographed. If it is still around I do not know who has it.
The closest I ever got to verification that it actually existed was Al Reser telling me that he held it in his own hands one time.
Hidden's story runs a lot like Bilbrey's... Few people believed that he found it and many suggested that he made it himself.
Al told me that Bill did take it to ASU and U of A and had it examined, but like the Stone Maps and Bilbrey's Crosses, there was nothing conclusive determined about it.

Mike

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I just searched and found the answer. We were both wrong! HAHAHA Bill Hidden was original finder of the Latin Heart. Here is the response email Jim sent me back in 2006:

Mike

Strange that he should say that because in this post he mentions that Charlie Miller was the original finder.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Come on Frank. That's reaching.

Cover story? I know what you are talking about. Remember, you showed me your stone in AJ. Are you saying that Al Reser was lying? He said he recovered the Latin Heart from the spot that I saw. The spot that I was shown is right on with the map Travis Tumlinson drew for his Uncle Robert.

THIS IS TRAVIS' MAP:
View attachment 1126237

That map correlates with the modern 60, not the old one. Also, if you read your own source, the Old 60 was abandoned in 1949. Tumlinson would have been driving on the ALL NEW 60. Once again, his map correlates with the modern 60.

Frank,

I give you all the credit in the world, because you have found gold in the Superstitions where so many "experts" in the field have said it didn't exist. I don't know you have found LDM gold. Maybe Peralta/Gonzalez Gold. Maybe a vein that has never been seen before. We're friends and I don't doubt your honesty in anything you say. I may not agree with some of your conclusions, but I never doubt that you believe what you say.

Mike

Mike it's something I can only explain in person.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions