Stone tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll share my collection. It's a nice assortment of tools, blades, scrapers, cores, and cutting/fire stone. I have too much to load on here at once, hope the pictures are clear. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572329.975511.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572346.409058.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572374.554780.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572451.411039.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454572550.262328.jpg

Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see rocks. I do not see any tools. What makes you think they are tools at all? I'm afraid you're going to discover that most experienced eyes on this forum may have trouble agreeing with you that what are showing here are tools. The last item in the first comment might be a hammerstone. However, most of the rest do not seem to show any evidence of having been either worked into shape, or used. If they do show usage, you would need to show closeups that demonstrate that fact. After 50+ years of surface hunting and handling thousands of artifacts, I am just offering my honest opinion based on that experience.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google Acheulean and Mousterian stone tools.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mousterian serrated blade
Mine and a matching photo from google.
Some of this has been heated, and that greenstone is nephrite jade. Ya, that one with that slice on it for sharpening. It's older than anything you've ever found so of course you wouldn't recognize it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454590484.256086.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454590499.738579.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454590597.872191.jpg

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see. So you collected these in Europe? BTW, how do you know if I have never seen tools as old? And, regarding the rocks seen in your original photos, exactly how are those tools? It does not matter how old things are. One either has the experience to recognize when a rock has been altered by man, or utilized by man, or one does not. Does not matter if they are I million years old, or 100 years old. And all I see in those first photos are rocks. Up to this point. My inability to recognize the rocks in your first photos has absolutely nothing to do with my not having found anything as old. Rather, it has to do with the fact that those rocks do not show they were shaped by man, or utilized by man. Experience, or lack thereof, is not the problem. The problem seems to be that those are not artifacts at all.
i believe you are simply mistaken. If you believe they are artifacts, I submit that you do not have much experience distinguishing rocks from artifacts.......

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In your last comment, if you are finding that flake in North America, and comparing such a form to an Old World tool of similar simple form, and concluding that there must be a relationship culturally, that, I'm afraid is an absurd argument. The piece you are holding might have been utilized, but it could be any age. Comparing it to an Old World piece of similar form, and drawing such conclusions, is both simplistic and illogical in the absence of Old World sites of those cultures existing here. You are not really going to rewrite the prehistory of the Americas based on these rocks. I would leave the investigation of the peopling of the Americas to the archaeologists equipped to go about that investigation using scientific methods, and not these simple comparisons leading to revolutionary discoveries. They don't. You're entitled to your opinion, but you are mistaken where these rocks are concerned.

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you not see the slab with the fire starting hole and and burned black part, or the cutting lines?

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about this?? See that carving on there?? Or you gonna argue more... I can keep going for days man...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454592831.797573.jpg

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
(quote removed by mod for rule violation)

Thanks for your kind words. Very often, folks who show up with rocks, claiming them to be artifacts, lapse into denial when presented with the truth. In this case, the truth is that the majority of what you show in this thread are just rocks. Not artifacts at all. Yes, I do see what appears to be a reconstructed slab with pecked circles. I do. That does not remove the fact that most of the rocks you're showing are just rocks. All I can really do is offer my opinion. I've otherwise seen this song and dance before. Many folks here have seen similar songs and dances before. Folks who just don't care to simply accept the truth, but instead lash out in anger when presented with the truth. Because you seem to be in attack mode, when presented with an honest, and accurate, opinion, it remains to be seen if others will weigh in with opinions or not. Nobody wants to launch you into a splurge of profanity and anger, after all. The simple fact appears to be that you do not have enough experience to distinguish rock from artifact. It isn't a crime to be in that position. Lapsing into denial mode is not going to turn those rocks into artifacts, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Dude, you have a mixture if artifacts and just plain rocks. I see no fire starting hole, in the one piece, and cut marks? I don't think so.

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A curved, pressured flaked, serrated blade... And you think this is natural?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454595732.576311.jpg

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is nephrite jade which isn't even close to be found in my area, but I guess this is natural too ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454596137.852904.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454596157.829889.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whiplash I highly recommend you read our rules. There is no insulting of other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread