Stoneware Bottle. Need ID of makers mark.

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
Found this while scuba diving years ago in Hillsdale County, Michigan. It has flat panels all around except on the very front where it is rounded. Incised in the neck are the letters A.N.S. I have not been able to find any information about the maker and possible age or original contents. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• SW ft.jpg
    SW ft.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 886
  • SW bk.jpg
    SW bk.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 639
  • ANS.jpg
    ANS.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 654
OP
OP
gallienus267

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
Twenty or so years ago there was a story in Scuba Diver magazine about the Hawaii bottle museum saying that for a small fee and a photo they would try to ID your finds. I responded and received an answer. They stated that they could not find the A.N.S. maker but said that by its looks that they figured that it was English in origin. Most likely an ale. Maybe 1860's or 70's. Just wanted to know what the experts thought. Thank You.

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
cool looking bottle paul, hopefully someone will be able to identify for you.
Bobbie said there used to be rumor there was a couple of old rail cars out i the middle of the lake
hh
dave+bobbie

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are there any marks on the bottom.Try Ansbach,Bavaria,Germany.Onolzbach was the old name for Ansbach.Hard- past porcelain,1758-62;moved to Castle of Bruckberg, 1762-1806;sold 1806;continued to 1860.Any blue marks on the bottem or impressions,numbers or factory marks.I dont know for sure.You do the reserch.Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread