Stopped in a bank and asked for halves...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went to a bank yesterday and stopped in and asked for halves, the teller, who knows me(kinda) told me they had a bunch of halves... I am thinking, OK, a few rolls, i'll take them... Then he procedes to tell me they have $8,500 worth somebody dropped off at their bank earlier in the week, I asked to see a few rolls, so he procedes to pull out a box of clearly searched repacked dumps, I know they were all from a CRH'er(who obviously doesn't know how to dump in moderation, and is ruining my pickup bank), so I politely denied them(I know, I know, always buy them all), but I don't have the dump banks or the money to go through them... they guy was fine with me denying them, and I placed an order for 4 boxes of dimes, since they won't order halves(even before this large dump)...

hh

p.s. If you're going to dump large amounts of coins, I suggest not dumping $8,500 worth of halves on one bank at one time, especialy rewrapped dumps..

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is absolutely ridiculous.

I've learned never to be surprised at how stupid and self centered people can be...when you think you've seen it all something new happens.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its nice to know people are keeping a low profile

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe there is a small-print tiny sub-clause in the CRH rulebook that states there is an $8500 exception to the "always buy them all" rule. I don't believe I would have bought them either, and I am a HUGE proponent of always buying them all.

sax player

Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How come you guys care that someone else did that? If a bank will take that amount, then why not dump that amount? Or are you guys just jealous that someone else has the money to invest in coin roll hunting? ...

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How come you guys care that someone else did that? If a bank will take that amount, then why not dump that amount? Or are you guys just jealous that someone else has the money to invest in coin roll hunting? ...

Its not that. Its just that after taking this particular CRHers insane amount of rolled coin, it very likely might cause this particular bank to start implementing fees, or just outright refusing to take any amount of coins in the future.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Believe me, I could do it. I'm just not a jerk. There is no reason to dump $8500 in halves at a bank unless you've developed a great relationsihp with them and are using a bag service, which they obviously didn't.

That kind of behavior is self serving and that bank will shut them out and anyone trying to CRH along with them, at the best case scenario. At worst case, they kick their complaint up to regional/corporate and they start a policy that spreads to other branches. I KNOW, because a bank that loves me told me about the CRHing complaints that are going on at the regional meetings. It can't last very long with bad behavior.

It's like the person that orders $2000 in halves, and then dumps them back at the same branch and expects them to order more.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a bank that a similar dump happened too. I told them bank i wasn't interested in searching them, but would buy them and dump at another competitor bank. They laughed and said OH please that would be awesome!! I searched them anyways, found some 40%'ers, and tossed into coinlok bags at various other bank branches. I got my silver fix, made that one bank super happy and other banks were none the wiser. I have no problem moving a little money around to get a great leg up with a new bank and show them you aren't just a user but will go out of your way to help them in return.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was considering taking a box off their hands, but denied last minute when I saw rewraps(in the original MWR) with vvey other ender spray painted green, pink, orange, purple, yellow, etc. .
I believe there is a small-print tiny sub-clause in the CRH rulebook that states there is an $8500 exception to the "always buy them all" rule. I don't believe I would have bought them either, and I am a HUGE proponent of always buying them all.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, my bankroll is maxed out at $1,250.
I had a bank that a similar dump happened too. I told them bank i wasn't interested in searching them, but would buy them and dump at another competitor bank. They laughed and said OH please that would be awesome!! I searched them anyways, found some 40%'ers, and tossed into coinlok bags at various other bank branches. I got my silver fix, made that one bank super happy and other banks were none the wiser. I have no problem moving a little money around to get a great leg up with a new bank and show them you aren't just a user but will go out of your way to help them in return.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I try to help my good banks like this also, when I can. But I would have passed on the $8500 in crappy machine rewraps also. Reusing the machine wrappers is just bad crh practice. I ran into this recently at TD and passed on 8 or 9 hundred in machine rewraps.

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MWR Rewraps seem fine to me. You reuse a wrapper and don't have to go find wrappers or buy them. It's also a good signal that these are probably not from grandma and you might want to pass on buying them unless you have some bankroll to spare. In fact, I feel more sorry for the hunter who picks up my customer wrapped halves I dump occaissionally when I roll a bag of halves. It looks like a grandma silvermine, but it's actually just a $500 dump. I have decided that I don't like rewraps that involve an excessive amount of tape. It's just hard to open up the roll.

I try to help my good banks like this also, when I can. But I would have passed on the $8500 in crappy machine rewraps also. Reusing the machine wrappers is just bad crh practice. I ran into this recently at TD and passed on 8 or 9 hundred in machine rewraps.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it continues they will stop taking any dumps at all.Same as ordering boxes with out a fee.

BoredBankTeller

Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the old credit union I used to work at somebody dumped $9400 in halves once. He brought them in on a pallet, I thought it was pretty funny. Some other CRHers came and went through them, I think they mentioned finding one or two 40%ers but the original dumper was apparently pretty thorough (there's a sentence I never imagined I'd write).

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same trouble at one of my pick -up bank's BuffaloBoy, It does make it hard on us but they are not dumping that much on me more like $1000 which is still a no no ...Wish you luck.:thumbsup:

HH...EasKyMiner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread