Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I probably should have posted this in the coin section of this forum (but it deals with CRH finds), and I knew I would get quicker answers here. What is the best way to store the coins you find? I want to roll them up so they're more organized and not in bags where they could ding each other. I don't have enough money to buy the plastic coin tubes, but are there any paper rolls that won't harm my coins?

Upvote 0

Wes_

Apr 22, 2007
I was thinking about this today as well. My idea was just to re-roll them and keep the rolls in the original box. Several banks have given me new paper rolls when I've asked and I would assume these are safe for coins.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I store mine in the paper wrappers from the bank. I went to a bank that had the $20 wrappers & the teller was kind enough to load me up with them...I love em.....less rolls....uses the same amount of space as two $10 rolls would obviously.

I store mine by date.....all 64's in same roll.....all 65's....66's....you get the point....label the rolls on what date is in that roll....then I store the rolls in the cent boxes standing up on end.....can get 18 of the $20 rolls into one box which is 720 halves. I duct tape the box shut.....label it......bring it to my safety deposit box.....

I am sure you will hear many different ways folks in here store them....

Good luck.

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Well I was putting all my Coins in 2X2's But im Getting so many from this.
I switched to putting my halfs in plastic coin tubes.
Saves alot of room.

CC

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
I use the 5x5x2 box that they come in. You can unfold the box and fold it so that the printing is on the inside. It looks like a regular cardboard box. I also separate the 40% and the 90% into different boxes and mark the years on the 90% coins. I also store the coins in the old shotgun wrappers. When the box starts looking good I will carefully unwrap a few rolls for storage.

65GT350

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Put your best coins individually in the 2 X 2 folders and then roll the rest. Any time you stack coins there is a little bit of abrasion going on.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Unless they're extremely rare and valuable (which is relative, I guess), I wouldn't worry about the paper rolls. Check on them every once in a while. Wrappers don't prevent scratches, but not much does unless you want to shell out the mula. I wouldn't worry too much, though.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Coin tubes in ammo boxes.

Attachments

• storage.jpg
    storage.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 227

wolfmann

Dec 30, 2006
I store my halves in a gun vault, in ammo boxes. I also put packs of disascent in the safe to remove the moisture Also went crhing the other day Found a little bank way out of the way. Talked to the teller about halves she said she had 190.00 in rolls. It always makes me think they have been searched when they know exactly how many they have. I told her I would take all of them. She said she also had 30.00 from the counter as she threw them on the top of the table I could see 1 Ben. I was happy as no one had checked them. At home that night I checked the rest of the rolls. Much to my surprise there was 4 barber halves 8 more bens 5-64 kens and 28-40% The barbers were pretty wore about a AG. grade but still to find barbers in circ. was really neat 1894,1900,1908,1909. Loved every minute of it. Happy Hunting to all you fellow crh-ers

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wolfmann said:
I store my halves in a gun vault, in ammo boxes. I also put packs of disascent in the safe to remove the moisture Also went crhing the other day Found a little bank way out of the way. Talked to the teller about halves she said she had 190.00 in rolls. It always makes me think they have been searched when they know exactly how many they have. I told her I would take all of them. She said she also had 30.00 from the counter as she threw them on the top of the table I could see 1 Ben. I was happy as no one had checked them. At home that night I checked the rest of the rolls. Much to my surprise there was 4 barber halves 8 more bens 5-64 kens and 28-40% The barbers were pretty wore about a AG. grade but still to find barbers in circ. was really neat 1894,1900,1908,1909. Loved every minute of it. Happy Hunting to all you fellow crh-ers

Good gosh WM.....four Barbers.....I'd be cutting backflips.....that is a superb find. You hardly ever hear about one much less four. Kudos to you buddy! Would love to see some pictures if you could. Oustanding find!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
lejeuene said:
wolfmann said:

Good gosh WM.....four Barbers.....I'd be cutting backflips.....that is a superb find. You hardly ever hear about one much less four. Kudos to you buddy! Would love to see some pictures if you could. Oustanding find!

No Kidding!!!
Show us pics!!!

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wolfmann said:

Any mintmarks on the Barbers? They would be on the back above the D in Half Dollar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread