Stored Treasure (self-storage)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
David and I do the storage unit auctions but we are clear out here in Oregon so not sure how much help we will be. We just started checking with different locations about when they would have an auction and watching the paper in the public notices. After going to a few we are now on some mailing lists as well. At the auctions here they open the unit and you can stand at the entrance and look in, no reaching in or stepping in....then they auction the unit off, you have 24 hours to have it empty and swept clean. We put a few things on ebay but mostly we have garage sales and pass on some savings to others and make some money in the process. We enjoy the treasure hunt of it all. David loves the units with lots of boxes because you never know what you will find in there! :) Like I said, not sure how much help we would be but you can pm us if there is anything we can try and answer for you. Good luck!

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
Here you go. Saw something in the Pryor Daily Times last week, in the "legals" section. Said there was going to be a storage auction (3 units) 15 days from the publication of the notice in Claremore. Now, I don't have the money at the moment to be bidding on anything, so I thought I would pass that along to you. The notice was published the 6th of Aug. (I think)...so add 15 days and that would be around the 21st. Can't remember what storage company it was though. You might just call all of em in Claremore until you find the right one. If you make it over there and win one of them, you have to let me know what goodies you came up with! If you need any more info or need me to see if I can find the notice again, just pm me. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread