Storing Bullets?

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Folks,

What is the best way to store bullets without the patina wearing off?

Believe me, the baggie method in a box is not good! I think the plastic actually makes the patina come off! I'm getting white dust all over the inside of the baggies! And, we're not even handling the items or the bags!

I want to be able to show children and adults what we find, let them touch and handle history, without damaging it! (Okay, I'm a dreamer when it comes to kids!)

I need something inexpensive, durable, see-through, etc...( Is this even possible?!)

Thanks,
Cavers5

OP
OP
C

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Thanks. I'll check out the link.

I don't want to use a shadow box as that is too bulky and has glass that children will most definitely break at some point! I do use shadow boxes to hang stuff for display.

I need something that is not dangerous and will hold up under the passing and jiggling/juggling of a lot of hands!

Cavers5

Fishstank

Sep 18, 2007
3rd Gen. Arizona Native
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Ace 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
On one of my first hunts I found in my front yard a live unfired 45 bullet. I had kept it in my room. Then my dad found out and freaked. He said when he was a kid and found a bullet they were told to put them down the stormdrains in Chicago. But since I live in AZ we don't really have them in our neighborhoods. SO I ended up placing it in a bottle of water and threw it away.

Scary to think I could have been doing yard work and got shot from this bullet in the ground.

Would have made a great story on tnet though!! Haha'

SoilFisher

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread