old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would share some really interesting cloud formation. Went fishing the other day and this storm front passed over and proceeded to build up right above us.

Folder # 3 001.JPG Folder # 3 002.JPG

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics. Looks like a lot of turbulence up there so hope it passed y'all by!

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Hello,
Nice pictures! I bet they don't do justice compared to see it first hand though. I've tried to capture some amazing sunsets in the past but I'm always disappointed that the pictures don't reflect what I saw. I suppose better equipment would help with that.

Thanks,
Sidevalve45

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics. Looks like a lot of turbulence up there so hope it passed y'all by!

We sat there and watched it build up for about an hour or more and then it slowly moved east-northeast. The lake was a little choppy at first, but as we watched the storm build up the lake got real calm.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Nice pictures! I bet they don't do justice compared to see it first hand though. I've tried to capture some amazing sunsets in the past but I'm always disappointed that the pictures don't reflect what I saw. I suppose better equipment would help with that.

Thanks,
Sidevalve45

I just use a Canon "Power Shot" SX 120

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty neat clouds Digger. I find the weather to be a very awesome thing to watch. A never ending show it is. It just can drag on at times. I'm ready for some change here at home. Been steady heat now for 3 days. Getting some nice sunsets from the California smoke now. Maybe I'll photo a good one tonight? If Seattle cleans Denver's clock today though, I may just stay inside and just be bummed about that, so I'll won't be thinking about sharing any happy thoughts and taking pictures. We'll see what happens. I ain't holding my breath on this game.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
'Mean' looking clouds, Old Digger. That's something I've missed up here in Idaho. I don't get to see much in the way of clouds, heavy rain, etc.; but I don't miss seeing and hearing about the tornadoes and such!
Hey, Tamrock, I don't know what to tell you. Week before last the 'Hawks looked great. Last week, well, really a bad situation for them. I've always been a big fan of the 'Hawks; even when I lived down in Texas. I don't really pull much for Denver anymore. Been a lot of times when I did. Don't know what changed my thoughts about 'em. Though you'll probably not like me for it, I'm really pulling for the 'Hawks! I've not watched pro-ball much in the last few years. Getting kinda interested in it this year. Last few years been watching mostly college games.
I'm beginning to think maybe the Texans might get somewhere this year.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are Super pictures old digger...reminds me of being under the ocean & looking up at the bubbles.:thumbsup:....love the sky/clouds shots!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lessee tr, 1 minute left, Denver 12, Seattle 20, so I better not expect free coffee at that place in Fairplay tomorrow in honor of a Bronco's win.

jtomes

Greenie
Sep 1, 2014
Altamont,NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*Convention on the prohibition of military or any other hostile use of environmental modification techniques

New York, 10 December 1976

Why sign a treaty if its impossible? Just a thought. Must of had something that worried those nations enough to even waste their time with it.

HARP is only part of the equation. Nice pics thou

Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen clouds like that before...do they only happen in certain areas? Why do they occur? Sorry...just curious :cat:

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen clouds like that before...do they only happen in certain areas? Why do they occur? Sorry...just curious :cat:

It seems that when the right ideal conditions are present, heat, moisture and wind allow the clouds to build up into a storm head. As these clouds are building up there is quite a bit of turbulence that create these odd but interesting cloud structures. I really wouldn't want to fly a plane into one of those clouds as they are building up.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems that when the right ideal conditions are present, heat, moisture and wind allow the clouds to build up into a storm head. As these clouds are building up there is quite a bit of turbulence that create these odd but interesting cloud structures. I really wouldn't want to fly a plane into one of those clouds as they are building up.

Dennis,

Do you have any idea when these clouds were first recorded?

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:) Thank you old digger for answering my question, very interesting and they sure are amazing looking! I love clouds & sky shots, never get tired of them....Please keep'em coming when you have more

R J cash...incase you see this...what is that a picture of? A cloud factory? :laughing7:...sorry, can't zoom in, looks like a parking lot? And that last cloud picture is pretty awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions