Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
THIS IS IT!
The big storm is coming right up the East Coast
No guts, No glory
The big question is....Who is going out there right after it hits, or maybe even towards the end! Maybe we can have some regional get togethers!!!!
Answer please--- What beach or section of beach?
---What time do you think you will be there?
---What Detector will you use?

I will start it off!
---Coin beach,De.,Indian River Inlet
---I will arrive there on Friday and stay till Sunday
---Surfmaster PI Plus

PS. bring plenty of batteries!

The link in General Discussion has been taken down!

Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will take at least 24 to 36 hours for the wave action the settle down after it passes by then go see how much sand was ripped off the beach iam surrounded by the ocean out here , if there is any beach left :dontknow: :headbang: Dd60

matters

Nov 9, 2009
Eastern WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
Heading to Nags Head on Sunday for a week. I have never detected on the beach before. Should be fun though. I will be using a MineLab X-Terra 50. It does a good job for me localy (found two wheats,a rosy dime, one indian penny and a shielded two cent piece today) we will see how it likes salt water shortly. Good Luck everyone

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure to stay clear of the wave action .. stay on the beach it it is rough; you can get into trouble a lot faster than you think... can be some deep holes out in the surf. Look for washouts on the beach, things tend to accumulate there.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have been to the Inlet for two other storms. After one the beach and dunes were cut down over eight feet removing all the fill sand. I spent a day there and I will just say lady luck was with me. If the storm's eye passes offshore, I will wait there. If the eye comes ashore I will wait app. 20 mi. west of the coast.

XT18000

May 26, 2008
Prime time and prime area's to hunt !! But please " DON'T DO STUPID "
Good Luck Hunter's !!!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
NO GUTS, NO GLORY

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 286

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Oh I wish so bad I could go, I remember living in Tampa when the two storms hit near Sebastian and seeing all the stuff that was being found after....

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
JUST DO IT, IT'S A WEEKEND!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well you guys, here is your on the spot report!
I am on location at Indian River inlet. The rain is coming down and the wind is blowing and the sand feels like a sand blast. and being a true candy ass, I am sitting in my MH typing a report to you. Believe it or not there are holes in this storm where you get a burst of sun every once and a while. The rip currents are working on the beach to prepair it for me later on. as the old saying goes, wish you were here. If I find anything I will post it in this storm area. Hope some of you guys are working other areas. Frankn

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Went down to check the beach it was still raining and blowing an hour ago. Now5pm the sun just came out, the rain just stopped and the tide is going out. There is a huge trough cut 100' in from the surf line. it runs app.300yds. I am getting out the PI and I am out of here................

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
There wasn't much beach to hunt yesterday because of very high tides and BIG breakers so I got skunked for finds. It is now 7:17 am 9/4 an I am heading for the beach on the south side of Indian River inlett. I'm the guy with the Surfmaster PI. I am going to work the big eroded area.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Once again the weather bureau Is hundreds of miles off on it prediction. I wonder what those predictions cost the taxpayers? They were predicting a westward shift when in fact, we had a large eastward shift. The result was app. 1' of erosion in stead of app. 6' of erosion. Planely speaking, I got I came out on the short end of the stick! Finds, 1 toe ring, 1 2008 penny, 1 1973 nickel.

Attachments

• ringcoins_700.jpg
    ringcoins_700.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 183

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Once again the weather bureau Is hundreds of miles off on it prediction. I wonder what those predictions cost the taxpayers? They were predicting a westward shift when in fact, we had a large eastward shift. The result was app. 1' of erosion in stead of app. 6' of erosion. Planely speaking, I got I came out on the short end of the stick! Finds, 1 toe ring, 1 2008 penny, 1 1973 nickel.

At least you got out. Last week we drove nearly 400 miles to hunt a section of beach. After waiting on the waves to calm down for 2 days we got a report of 20 -30mph winds and 4 to 6 foot waves for another three days, (we wanted to hunt a couple of deeper areas)so we ended up having to move inland, didn't get to hunt our targeted beach at all. It happens, but then there are those days when everything is perfect. You just have to keep going until you hit a good day or two. Reminds me of those surfers waiting on those perfect waves. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread