storms rolling off of Africa (tropics heating up)

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wv.jpg
The Intertropical Convergence Zone looks like it will be heating up in the near future.. A lot of moist air seems like it will be pushing away the Saharan dust layer also

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel bad for Bermuda.

OP
OP
GatorBoy

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure I'm going to start putting some donations aside now I imagine that will become necessary

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I feel bad also. They seem to go through this rodeo alot. I cant believe we arent farther on the alphabet by now. All the storms that have formed all stay on the same path. Definitely not normal sseason. But whats normal, only been recording these canes for a hundred plus years. I wonder how strong they really can get. 4 billion years of history and 100 recorded. Uhoh

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
You're not a Floridian. You live on the left coast.

A friendly piece of advice: During your visits here, keep your anti-Floridian comments to yourself, or you might become alligator bait. Not all Floridians are as tolerant as I am.

Oh, and thank you for your service.

Those of us with the experience and intelligence to hope for continued good weather have you vastly outnumbered.

......and you are welcome.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do realized thread is almost a year old, this is last years weather...

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
You do realized thread is almost a year old, this is last years weather...

LOL, Yeah, but the twisted detached demeanors and insipid dispositions are still very current.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been in and affected by many hurricanes in by life, at least 6 or 7 direct hits, several very near misses, and 3 typhoons. I am fully aware of what they can do......

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hurricane David was joke. Hurricane Andrew was a MONSTER!

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been in and affected by many hurricanes in by life, at least 6 or 7 direct hits, several very near misses, and 3 typhoons. I am fully aware of what they can do......

No you don't. You have no Idea at all.
You or your threatening friends have never experienced true devastation. You just don't know any better.

Ten years ago, Hurricane Katrina topped the list of the worst storms to ever hit the US when it triggered a 28-foot-tall storm surge that swept over New Orleans.
But even with all that destruction, Katrina is not the worst storm that could have hit the US.
In a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change, researchers simulated thousands of hurricanes that could hit sometime in the next century.
The results reveal that future storms could devastate places previously believed to be at low risk for hurricanes, and the destruction from some of these hurricanes would be unlike anything we've ever seen, the researchers say.
Risk managers call completely unpredictable and devastating storms "black swans," but in this paper, the researchers are describing devastating storms that are actually predictable, and they've ominously named them "gray swans."
And if a gray swan hits, the destruction will be unlike anything we've ever experienced in all of human history.
The hurricanes themselves aren't the biggest concern — the tidal wave of water that the high-speed winds whip up is the real threat. That water is called storm surge, and if the waves are high enough, they can submerge cities.
One of the places most as risk for a gray swan is Tampa, Florida, which hasn't experienced a major hurricane since 1921. That Category 2 storm caused an 11-foot storm surge.
The study revealed that if a strong Category 3 hurricane hit Tampa today, the storm surge could rise as high as 19 feet. That's a problem because Tampa is at an extremely low elevation and surrounded by shallow water perfect for churning up powerful waves. A 19-foot surge would put much of the area underwater.
Even worse: As sea levels rise, this storm surge could get even bigger. If a hurricane hits later this century, the storm surge could reach 37 feet high.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't tell me I don't know, I'm not a kid, I was born and raised in Florida, I have been through many hurricanes.

Last edited:

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" researchers simulated thousands of hurricanes that could hit sometime in the next century."

Ha....that's a good one. Who are these psychics?

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
As if they actually know what's going to happen at any given time like things don't change.
They predicted Erika was going to hit Fort Lauderdale area but then.. No wait! Maybe the gulf, or maybe out to sea in the Atlantic.
Computer models were anywhere from mid gulf coast, direct hits to the Bahamas and south Florida and at one point models showed west towards Louisiana area to anywhere headed up just off the east coast.

If these people were Snipers they'd be miles off.
They're trying to predict a bullets destination firing across a multiple wind direction open sea

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As if they actually know what's going to happen at any given time like things don't change.
They predicted Erika was going to hit Fort Lauderdale area but then.. No wait! Maybe the gulf, or maybe out to sea in the Atlantic.
Computer models were anywhere from mid gulf coast, direct hits to the Bahamas and south Florida and at one point models showed west towards Louisiana area to anywhere headed up just off the east coast.

If these people were Snipers they'd be miles off.
They're trying to predict a bullets destination firing across a multiple wind direction open sea

There are so many variables affecting the weather so they have like 100 different scales each showing a new path. I guess they can only really know about 3 hours before hand where its going to go and that can change by a few hundred miles. Last July 4th the eye of a Cat 1 came about 25 miles away from my house and it was supposed to be like 200 miles out at sea. Having said that I am glad they warn us. I evacuate at a Cat 2 and most here wont budge until its a 3.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is nature, storms guided by weather patterns, it is not an exact science, many times they are accurate, sometimes not so much.

I never start to be concerned till they are within 500-600 miles of my home. Of course I already maintain a supply of food, water, meds and ammo for "zombie" defense anyway....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread