Story behind the gold coin!

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
Some of you want to know about the gold coin i posted yesterday. I been detecting for 30+ years. I have been CRH for less then a year. I had a good two weeks since I got back from Florida finding silver CRH, so I decided to go detecting at a little beach that I average 3 to 6 silver coins every time I go. If there is a storm I average 15 to 25. I have been doing this for years. I wanted to see if my luck would hold out. Monday I had 5 silver coins and a gold ring. Tuesday I had 3 silver coins and another gold ring. Now silver is the norm but gold rings are not. The next day I met up with my brother, he was late as always. By the time he got there I had found 3 silver coins and a gold coin. He asked how I was doing, and I told him what I had. He said holy @hit. I always said someone would find a gold coin on this spot, but I did not think it would be me. When I dug it up and looked at it I thought it was a small religous medal, but then I saw the 1854 date and said this has been one hell of a week. Any way thats the story behind the coin, now back to CRH. I did a bag of nickels today. The take was 2 Buffs, 2 war , and 30 pre 1960s. Friday halfs come in, I cant wait. Good luck to all and HH. Brian

Upvote 0

jlr1076

Nov 17, 2010
I would take that coin to a dealer to find out if it's legit. Look online - lots of fake versions out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions