Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Story Time! but first Show & Tell...

We were out hunting in open fields... at old Texas homesteads... found lots of things but only a few keepers...

wheats Front.JPG
Front
wheats Back.JPG
Back

and now for our story...

I was out hunting with a friend last night... it got dark and we turned on our headlamps... we were about finished for the night so we started heading toward the gate... then way off in the distance we hear this galloping... a very fast gallop... and then we heard the horse... he sounded mad! and he was...

at first I thought of hiding behind a tree... but said to myself that won't work... so I started walking back to the gate and realized this thing which we couldn't see was moving very fast and the gate was further away than I thought! so I picked up the pace... as I past my friend he started yelling at the horse and turned around and saw a faint white glow about 150 yards away... I started running!!! my keys fly out of my pouch & then my phone few out!

I had my shovel in one hand and detector in the other hand... over the gate the shovel and detector went and I was right behind them! one foot on the gate and over the top hitting my knee on the top bar (ouch) and the horse was right there! my friend managed to make it over too I guess he ran after I did but we were both out of breath laughing about it! he had to call my phone so we could locate it and the keys out in that field somewhere! What an adventured!

I have never heard of a horse charging like that... He started way off in the distance... running at full speed the whole way... we assume he saw our headlamps and it freaked him out.

Ghost Horse.JPG

Chuck

Upvote 0

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Re: Story Time! but first Show & Tell...

chukers said:
we we out hunting in open fields... at old Texas homesteads... found lots of things but only a few keepers...

Front

Back

and now for our story...

I was out hunting with a friend last night... it got dark and we turned on our headlamps... we were about finished for the night so we started heading toward the gate... then way off in the distance we hear this galloping... a very fast gallop... and then we heard the horse... he sounded mad! and he was...

at first I thought of hiding behind a tree... but said to myself that won't work... so I started walking back to the gate and realized this thing which we couldn't see was moving very fast and the gate was further away than I thought! so I picked up the pace... as I past my friend he started yelling at the horse and turned around and saw a faint white glow about 150 yards away... I started running!!! my keys fly out of my pouch & then my phone few out!

I had my shovel in one hand and detector in the other hand... over the gate the shovel and detector went and I was right behind them! one foot on the gate and over the top hitting my knee on the top bar (ouch) and the horse was right there! my friend managed to make it over too I guess he ran after I did but we were both out of breath laughing about it! he had to call my phone so we could locate it and the keys out in that field somewhere! What an adventured!

I have never heard of a horse charging like that... He started way off in the distance... running at full speed the whole way... we assume he saw our headlamps and it freaked him out.

Chuck
Better to have a horse chase you than a bull! DD

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chukers said:
we we out hunting in open fields...

horse don't like we we

oldmaps

Aug 11, 2010
al , ms , fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari , ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you'll have to get the horses permission to hunt in his field next time :laughing7:

Hasse

Apr 27, 2010
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500 com treasure Hound eagle eye / Ace 250 / Magnet Cobra Beach

Perhaps a poltergaist? :o :o :laughing7:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250

I have to ask. did you clean those wheats and if so how ? They NEVER come out of the ground looking that good in the acidic soil we have in NH and yours have an almost silver tone to them unless it's a camera glitch.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirt-n-spector said:
The horse was just upset that you didn't invite him to hunt with you!!!!!!! :laughing9:

Oh will will defiantly be looking for that horse next time!

Chukers

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NHBandit said:
I have to ask. did you clean those wheats and if so how ? They NEVER come out of the ground looking that good in the acidic soil we have in NH and yours have an almost silver tone to them unless it's a camera glitch.

not all of my wheats come out that good... but these did I did use water and a soft brush then soaked them a little bit in olive oil... they do look nice!

Chukers

I have a friend that cleans them in a rock tumbler... at least the none valuable ones and they come out looking pretty good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread