STRANGE C/W LEAD AND SOME SILVER

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got some stuff for my treasurenet friends to look at - the first pics are of a sweet 1900 barber quarter - (sorry for the blurry pics) - found bout 6 inches down on my lunch break the other day. Then an axe head and a harness ring I found and cleaned up - Then found some lead pieces I hope my treasurenet buddies can help me with idenity. The first one is about 1-7/8" long with a mushroom shaped round head - It is 9/16" od and is slightly bent (I nailed it with my shovel and sliced it but it was already bent. It has 5 distinct holes just under the mushroom head and it appears that some sort of steel spokes of some kind where there - one hole still has a little piece of steel in it - it is also hollow all the way up to the mushroom shaped head - I don't have a clue - hope you can help - Then the next piece is an odd thing - it has a round head that shows definite signs of being hand whitled with a knife - then is is square or retangular shaped the rest of the length - Total length is 5" - the round whitled head is 1/2" long and is 7/16 dia. - the top of the rounded head has an indention kind of like a bullet - the shaft area starts out at 1/2" x 1/2" and slopes down to 3/8" wide by 5/32" - I don't have a clue so any help from my treasure net friends is greatly appreciated. Both of these items where found in same area with some civil war bullets and other civil war relics.
photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG
axe&ring.JPG
saver1.JPG saver2.JPG saver3.JPG saver4.JPG
odd1.JPG odd2.JPG odd3.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 1

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I can't help with an ID, but you got a nice barber there!

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The longer lead piece may be a lead pencil.

Congrats on the Barber!

OP
OP
materdigger1

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope someone can identify - all my local folks are like me and don't have a clue

OP
OP
materdigger1

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone got any ideas yet?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread