Strange Coincidence

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Just thought I would share a strange coincidence that has happened. My youngest daughter went in the hospital for same day surgery on April 16 2009 to have her tonsil's removed. She did great and was a real trooper through it all and wanted chips and pizza for supper after being discharged.
April162009.jpg

Then my middle daughter ended up in the hospital on May 16 2009 with stomach pains that resulted in emergency surgery to remove her appendix. She said the pain started around 3 pm and by the time she got to the hospital at 8 pm, she was in tears. The doctor ran all kinds of tests and thought it was gastritis but at the last minute decided to do a CT scan just to make sure and to rule out appendicitis. He said he was 99 % sure it wasn't the appendix since she only had the pain for a few hours.
Well the CT results came back and showed her appendix were enlarged and her white blood cell count was 18000. (normal is between 4 to 7 thousand). He ordered emergency surgery and had a surgeon there within a half hour. If she had waited, both doctor's said they would have ruptured within 24 hours. The surgeon rated her appendix a 6 on a scale of 1 - 10 and that was just having pain for approx. 5 hours.
May162009.jpg

OH, and this is what happens when you leave 10 week old puppies home alone while being with your kid in the hospital :o
utoh1.jpg

I didn't realize they both had surgery exactly one month apart until I looked at the pictures. Strange. I'm afraid of what might happen next month on the 16th. ??? It's been one thing after another with me lately and only getting worse with bad news about family member's.

Sometimes these silly things are what makes ya smile when you really need too, and now is the time I really need to smile and stay positive. Here's why ...

I got bad news on my cousin who's is my age. He is a diabetic and losing the battle fast. He was on an organ transplant list for awhile and no match was found and now it's too late to do anything but keep him comfortable for the last few weeks (at most). Also, my aunt isn't doing well either. She is also diabetic and had heart damage as well as liver and kidney disease. With all of her ailments, she is not a canidate for transplant. I guess my grandmother's health is failing too. I don't get to see her as often as I should, she was never close to my siblings and myself. Kinda sad to think that I don't even know how old she is or how she is doing these day's. And people wonder why my blood pressure is stage 2 hypertension and my nerves are a wreck!

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
I think I would have my puppies TONSIL's removed for that !! You know the one's ,.... just below his tail !!

Just kid'n ya ;D , Blindpig

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the replay's. Both kids are doing GREAT! The youngest who got her tonsil's removed still talkes too much LoL and her voice has changed a great deal. Good thing is, she doesn't snore anymore. :thumbsup:

The middle daughter is up and moving around pretty good since coming home on Sunday. She can almost stand up straight and doesn't feel like she's 80 years old,. Now she feels like she is 65 ...... ::) D**n kids LoL

I need coffee :coffee2: ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread