Strange find this weekend

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I have been going to a park near where I am staying near Los Angeles to work on my skills. The park is quiet large and I have been focusing my searching to one end but decided to hit the other as there were no people there early Saturday. I decided to work the area around the pond to see what was there. I got a hit on my 250 around the base of a tree. I dug up several quarters. I continued to dig and continued to dig up quarters and more quarters and more quarters. I ended up with $40.00. No silver but a very strange place to put a cache. I checked every other tree in the area and did not have the same luck. lol. Just wanted to share. Between this find and other general coin finds there and at the beach, I have racked up over $70.00 in change in less than two months. That Ace 250 is a coin shooting machine. Now if I could just find those gold necklaces and rings... I know they gotta be some where. TMAN... ;D

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice find, that's a substantial cache,
too bad it wasn't silver, but great anyway!
Keep it up! Awesome!

Smiles!
BDoo

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Awhile back someone else on here found tons of coins in, on, and around some big tree. I think druids/wiccans or something like to leave silver at certain trees....

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Great find. Gave me a new idea, someone should start a fund in LA to give all the homeless people a MD. With finds like that, they wouldnt be homeless very long.....Great digs.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WeaponsUSMC said:
Great find. Gave me a new idea, someone should start a fund in LA to give all the homeless people a MD. With finds like that, they wouldnt be homeless very long.....Great digs.

yeah, if i'm ever down on my luck.....i'm sure going to have a detector........think of all the ***BEER MONEY***

( Just one quarter more, for my 40oz!!! Ha-Haaaaaaaaaa!!!, Oh yeaaaaah a cache!!!!!! I'm gonna be drunk for days!!!!! Ha-Haaaaaaaa!!!)

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Did you check the tree for a coin slot .....Duck wash...25cents...LOL...Congrats...Joe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forty dollars! Wow!

Very niceee!

Congrats!