Strange Finds

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of years ago a friend were camping in Northern Michigan and it got really hot and muggy, too hot to stay in the campground all day, so we grabbed our detectors and we hiked a 1/4 mile back to this little lake just so we could get in the water and get some relief from the muggy heat. Needless to say we didn't find much, but about 1/4 of the way around the lake in one small spot in about 3 or 4 feet of water we found 2 old costume rings and 2 of those old brass screw out type lipstick dispensers, at least I believe that's what they were, still not 100% sure? Anyway, it kind of gave me the willies as I was expecting to come across some old bones any minute but we never did. But even to this day I still wonder how those 4 items ended up in this little spit of a lake back in the boonies? I mean this lake had no roads of any kind to it and the closest house was probably a couple of miles away. It was just strange. :dontknow:

Anyone else care to share a strange find that just seemed, "way out of place?"

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The costume rings could have been lost while swimming. The lipstick cases could have been pitched in the water as maybe the person didn't want it anymore.

I been to some locations and got a creepy feel as either something bad happened there, ghostly chills, or maybe someone was watching me. Sometimes our instants play games on us sometimes.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I found a metal tin of an illegal substance buried about 6" in a park. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread