Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During my digs yesterday in the old field i had a very sharp signal that gave me a overload on my DFX it rang up at a +90 second time i swept over it, so i dug the hole all i could find was nothing but rounded rocks nice and smooth and still no target so i dug deeper about 12 inches i still did not see or find a target i got out my pin pointer and got a signal on the bottom side of the hole all i could see was this rock but its a strange looking rock not like all the others in that area it seems to have a cross on one side and very sharp edges on both sides it comes to a point on top , i ran it passed my coil it rang my ears off in my head phones ?? very strange hot rocks have never been a problem here in my area i took a few pics for what they are worth. Dd60

Attachments

• 100_0756.jpg
    100_0756.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 768
  • 100_0755.jpg
    100_0755.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 763
  • 100_0757.jpg
    100_0757.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 753
Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:dontknow: :dontknow: Its kinda cool with the cross on it!!!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

I get Hot Rock problems all the time here :-\ but you get used to the Tone :)

SS

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
If a long time ago..

..an object or objects made of iron were buried next to the rock,over time the object(s) rusted away which was absorbed by the rock. I find a lot of these slightly brownish-stained rocks while digging the local dumpsite.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool cross on it! You could probably sell that one on ebay....

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
I'd take it to a rock hound and see what you got......That is a strange one.
Looks cool tho

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Interesting finds. Could be granite, maybe meteorite or any number of things. I'd take it to some that knows rocks.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the mica flakes in it and the looseness of the crystals/grans I would lean more toward a schist-based metamorphic rock. Does it break apart easily? Where was it found exactly?

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I ran across a rock like that I took it home put it on a wire wheel and guess what it turned out to be a peice of silver inside that was incased by rock . So you never know ,Have you tried seing if a magnet will stick to it ? Iron objects will also do that as well if it had a little bit of lead in the iron . Try a corner on a wire wheel ,what will it hurt ,you find a surprize in the middle ....

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bushido Dude said:
With the mica flakes in it and the looseness of the crystals/grans I would lean more toward a schist-based metamorphic rock. Does it break apart easily? Where was it found exactly?
While i was digging a hole for a target deep about 10 inches all the rocks in this area which is on the shore line are rounded very smooth even in the fields almost white this is the only rock like that that i have come across its almost like a very course sand paper if i rub my finger across it i tried a rare earth magnet it does nothing but it still rings my detector i just thought it was strange Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread