Strange Luck

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been experiencing very strange luck. A few weeks back my brand new Gold Bug Pro 5" coil cracked along the side wall and went bad when it filled with water after only a month of use. Sent my coil off to Fisher, *****ed about it to the world here, scrounged some money and bought a NEL Sharpshooter (cheaper than fishers 5x10 GB coil by $50 and well loved and made according to reviews) NEL coil arrived Thursday evening, went out yesterday with it and a short time after firing up my machine I noticed I was getting false signals, what the hell! I thought. Shook around machine with no effect, HMMM, wiggled cable connection to coil- iron hits- Oh NO!!! The connection is shorting. Brand New Out of the Box Coil Defective. Damb - Contacting Gold Diggers Metal Detectors the NEL USA reps today. See what happens - I don't feel I should pay for the return shipping.
As it goes in life, I got over my bad coil and continued on my journey and located a section of tertiary river channel lying across bedrock at the very fringes of an enormous old hydro pit. This section was left due to at least four ditches all converging around the bend the bedrock creates on the hill slope above. Also located a second old channel left due to the same thing on my land lords property just before the sun went down last night. Yet to sample but will be when I get the time, looks great, lower levels cemented, just above this layer very rusted exposures, big rocks setting on bedrock and ground pounded crevasses. Then Arriveing home I find that my Fisher coil arrived - brand new and ready to go- hooked her up and no problems- hell yea!
Bad Luck with the coils - Good luck with the locating of the tertiary channel remnants
Life's Mysterious Journey - Always entertaining
Very busy, likely only one day out in the next 3 weeks but high hopes for the old channels and the gold waiting for my GBP to find it.
Happy Days - Happy Hunting!
AjR

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that the misfortune is out of the way it's time to "Go for the Gold"

Best wishes,
GG~

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT THE FRICK! :)

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A Gold Bug 2 would make good company for that GB Pro.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In days of old when engineers were bold we did our very best to manufacture products that lasted as long as humanly possible. Now products reverse engineered to last ONLY as long as implied warranity. God I miss the OLD REAL Fisher where quality counted in spite of the bottom profit line...sic sic sic-John

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In days of old when engineers were bold we did our very best to manufacture products that lasted as long as humanly possible. Now products reverse engineered to last ONLY as long as implied warranity. God I miss the OLD REAL Fisher where quality counted in spite of the bottom profit line...sic sic sic-John

Amen...

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those who stick with it eventually find the gold.

You've had your dose of bad luck and found a rainbow while doing it.

Get that tertiary to cough up some.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions