strange pile of rocks

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Ive been lurking here for a while, and have gotten some useful information. it seems that there are some of you on this forum that know a lot about spanish signs, ( you know who you are) and I could use some help. Im posting two pictures ( I hope) of some rocks I found in an area where I have located what I believe to be spanish trail signs, if this works out ok then I will send more pictures of my alleged signs, I have lots. so, be kind Im new at this, but if all you see are just piles of rock please let me know so i can move on to someother hobby that doesnt make me look like a nutcake to my friends and family.

Attachments

• DSCN2976 copy (600 x 450) rock pile.jpg
    DSCN2976 copy (600 x 450) rock pile.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 6,634
  • DSCN2969 copy (450 x 600).jpg
    DSCN2969 copy (450 x 600).jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 6,546

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it Looks to me like they may be Blocking an entrence to a Cave

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
Well...

..if there man made, they would have to move them into position, look for scratches or scoff marks on other rocks. From what I can see of the pic these are big rocks, I could see some bang'n around getting them placed...

just a thought

neil

oh...can you see what's behind the rocks?

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
thanks jeff of pa, a cave interance is one of the many ideas that never crossed my mind, I will check out that possibility next time I go there. do you think the shape is meaningful? kinda like a 'V' or a rough heart shape? wolfpaw518 you have given me something else to look for when im there, thanks.yes I can see behind them, I climbed up on them, and there laying on the big rock behind them.
Heres a picture of a rock that points to the "V" ROCKS,the heart shaped rock is about 7 feet tall and the pointing rock is the size of a large suitcase.

Attachments

• _MG_1291 (600 x 400).jpg
    _MG_1291 (600 x 400).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 6,324
OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Realde Toyopa thanks for your input, and dont feel sorry, im looking for the truth not an ego massage,I just want to know if Im on a spanish treasure trail or just working on a photo album named odd rocks I have found.

Aufinder01

Jan 13, 2006
Hi,
I dont know if you see them ,but in the foreground theres several round boulders that are more like "Faces" and to the left is another. Yeah, I think that those rocks are stuffed into that crack by people. Cache Site!

The faces "look" at something.

Aufinder01

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are several possabilities, Cave, Burial, Cache, Natural.
but I Don't think, they were placed in a V. I think that's just
a Natural thing.

if you look just to the right of the V in the top pic.
it is possable to see a Rock in the shape of a nose.

I'd be Very cautious of Moving them though.

Moving the wrong one could cause an unfortunate incident.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, look to the immediate left of your "V" rock and you will see another of almost the same shape. Notice the fracure lines throughout the main rock mass, there are many parllel fractures.

Tropical Tramp

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that's a tough one. That "heart" sure isn't a marker IMO. I think I'm gonna have to side with RT on this one, as it being natural.

If your feeling froggy, tie a rope around a couple of the rocks, move ABOVE them around the corner, and pluck a couple of them out. Then wait a couple min's and go back, very carefully and see if you can see in that hole. Take a few people with you, just incase. Probably won't be much there though...

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TLH said:
Realde Toyopa thanks for your input, and dont feel sorry, im looking for the truth not an ego massage,I just want to know if Im on a spanish treasure trail or just working on a photo album named odd rocks I have found.
Cute response. Don't be shy. A question unasked is knowledge never gained.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TLH said:
thanks jeff of pa, a cave interance is one of the many ideas that never crossed my mind, I will check out that possibility next time I go there. do you think the shape is meaningful? kinda like a 'V' or a rough heart shape? wolfpaw518 you have given me something else to look for when im there, thanks.yes I can see behind them, I climbed up on them, and there laying on the big rock behind them.
Heres a picture of a rock that points to the "V" ROCKS,the heart shaped rock is about 7 feet tall and the pointing rock is the size of a large suitcase.
I think the items in question in this particular photo are luck. Change angles and they wano't appear the same. The large "heart" is too large for someone to have carved. Just my thought.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome...

After looking quite a bit at the original photo it has occured to me that what you have is a large rock, overall, that has cracked. Most likely it is just a crevice of sorts, and, it is possible that there is something hidden behind it. Get up there and pry the rocks out. If it is not naturally occurring then you are not destoying anything natural, right?

Someone would need to go through a lot of trouble to hide something very valuable in there. It would be worth the time and trouble to undo it. Since we did not plant it, we do not know who did or for what reasons, then, anything and EVERYTHING is possible. GL and HH

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana
Be careful if you move those rocks. There might be snakes in there, ew I hate em. I thought your first picture looks like a big face at the entrance which is blocked by big stones.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Thanks to everyone who has responded to my pictures,Ive been on the road for a while and havent had an internet connection to keep up with whats been going on, but im back now and Im posting a couple more pictures of the rocks that got me thinking about spanish signs and if there real.
The first pic is of 100 ft tall rocks that look like indian faces to me.the others are of the pointer rocks that are on top of these rocks. these are the pointers that Ive followed to other possible signs.I think that we can all agree that the pointer rocks are man made,maybe not by the spanish,but at least they were PLACED there by someone. Ive painted the indians in photoshop to help see what I think I see.

Attachments

• painted FOR INTERNET (600 x 480).jpg
    painted FOR INTERNET (600 x 480).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 5,868
  • P9150030 (600 x 450).jpg
    P9150030 (600 x 450).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 5,656
  • rew (600 x 383).jpg
    rew (600 x 383).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 5,561
  • Untitled-1 crop (600 x 517).jpg
    Untitled-1 crop (600 x 517).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 5,508
OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
So if these pointer rocks are turtles what would be the meaning of two of them, and what would I follow the heads or the tails?

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
the hole usually means that it is a treasure or mine trail or both. are all three rock markers at different locations

can u get a better pictures of the turtles.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Aufinder thanks for the faces in the foreground idea, Im looking at the original pictures and some of the rocks could be faces,wirelessworldinc I think i can see a face to the left of the V shaped rocks.what would a face mean? mercinarie all of the pictures I have posted are within 100 yards of each other, and Ive got other pictures of the turtles but there all the same quality, the turtles are on top of a 100 foot tall rock that would be very difficult for me to climb. the pictures you see were taken with a 600 mm lens from an adjoining hill about 300 yards away. Anybody have any ideas on why two turtles and which head or tail I should follow?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread