Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jUST ANSWER YES AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. I had a guy send me an email saying he never received his item. Uh What Item is that? He types an old expired listing that never sold. He insisted he paid for it November 6th. eBay only keeps records for 90 days so we could not see it on eBay and he knew it. But Paypal records are forever. So we tell him that we do not see any Paypal transactions received from him for the entire month of November so please provide proof of purchase. He vaporized. This guy had 100% feed back and over 700 transactions and was trying to get a $20 item for free. Bottom feeders. If they buy and pay ship, if they run your chain ignore them.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input guys. He bought and paid for it after he sent the email last night. Maybe he just doesn't do eBay much.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got off the Ebay about a year ago. Its becoming too much like Amazon. I started dealing on the local Facebook yard sale sites. Completely eliminated any shipping. The buyer and I meet somewhere because I don't want them at my house, we exchange product and money and deal is done. JMO

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got off the Ebay about a year ago. Its becoming too much like Amazon. I started dealing on the local Facebook yard sale sites. Completely eliminated any shipping. The buyer and I meet somewhere because I don't want them at my house, we exchange product and money and deal is done. JMO

I do that too on certain items, but I still like eBay way better for most items.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BTW eBay has changed/softened since that NEW gestapo routine they started playing a year or so ago. There were so many hundreds of thousands of complaints from sellers that they had to lighten up. For once battling eBay worked. Try it again.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input guys. He bought and paid for it after he sent the email last night. Maybe he just doesn't do eBay much.
Run into to it all the time. Buyers with very little feedback, very little activity. Personally, I've never had a problem with one that I can remember. Had 2 new buyers this past month, one joined the very same day she purchased my item.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one joined the very same day she purchased my item.
I bet she told someone she wanted something she could not find locally and a friend told her to go to ebay. She saw your item and joined just to purchase. Besure to give good feedback and encourage the same from her. She is not going to know about that.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet she told someone she wanted something she could not find locally and a friend told her to go to ebay. She saw your item and joined just to purchase. Besure to give good feedback and encourage the same from her. She is not going to know about that.
They both gave feedback pretty quickly. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread