Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the strawberry field today that is where each May the big fair and festival is held i hunted a hour and half before dark set in i found a pile of clad 8.71 a neat little silver bird ring never seen one like that its marked .925 a silver ear ring and a few junkers and 1 1936 wheat penny .not bad for 90 minutes by the way that field is 7 acres !! i only hit about 1/2 of a acre ;D . Good hunting Jim

Attachments

• pile of clad.jpg
    pile of clad.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 678
  • silver bird ring.jpg
    silver bird ring.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 681
Upvote 0

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Very awsome ring Jim. Nice other finds and cool haul of clad. I hope the rest of the field yields you more great finds.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
I am having trouble painting a picture of these "Strawberry Fields" you speak of.

Maybe you could include a Google Earth photo for those of us with dissipated imaginations?

I see ,the 7 acres of field used to be a strawberry farm many many moons ago , some how it became town property about 40 years ago and its been used for everything like Fairs Festivals soccer practice walking your dog taking the cows out to pasture, skeet shooting etc.etc. so the official name now is Strawberry Fields for Everyone not to be confused with Strawberry Fields Forever i should of been more explicit . :thumbsup:

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Oh man, that's quite a pile of clad you found! The ring is cool, but I can't help id it.
Mike

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
When you find a spot where you can dig more clad than tabs your doing good! Probably hundreds of dollars in clad there waiting to be dug, plus who knows how much gold. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread