Strike Spanish Silver again - consecutive hunts!

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day that I left for vacation last week I managed to get out with my good pal Bill D for a morning hunt - the result was a nice 1600's spanish cob. I returned late last night and got out for another morning hunt with Bill today - this time at a new site. We did not set the world on fire but I did strike silver again - this time with a nice early 1700's cut spanish silver.

The funny part was that I did have a good feeling when I heard the target that I was in for silver - the sound just seemed consistent and correct. I got the target out of the hole, then in my hand, then I felt something fall out. The signal however was still there each time I moved my loop a little. It took a second, but after looking around I noticed that the target landed right on my loop and it was silver! Bill snapped a nice picture of the moment.

I ended the day with 6 buttons, a cut coin, and some nice lead (.75 ball and a dropped .58 three ringer). The .58 came out of no man's land which leads me to believe that there could be a nice hidden camp near by. There was a lot of CW troop movement in the area as part of the Seven Day's battle - who knows what may be next.

HH

Dan

Attachments

• SC12113a.JPG
    SC12113a.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 198
  • SC12113b.JPG
    SC12113b.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 177
  • SC12113c.JPG
    SC12113c.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 186
  • SC12113d.JPG
    SC12113d.JPG
    299.2 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 9
OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only imagine how every target becomes the source of " oh man, is THIS the one that becomes my incredible find?". I bet you felt this every target you dug after you realized how significant the site was.

This is going to sound snotty - but I mean it in all respect. I lost that feeling years ago and it is something that I miss. Don't get me wrong, when I hear a high tone or a tone that I believe to be more than a standard flat button at any site my blood pressure goes up. Each year I do luck into a site or two that does cater to that old feeling, but nothing like it use to be. I remember the days when digging a percussion cap or a flat button would send me through the roof. I WILL NEVER though be the one that curses "dug another dang flat button" like some folks that I know. Bill and I have a true passion for colonial history and love digging it all.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is going to sound snotty - but I mean it in all respect. I lost that feeling years ago and it is something that I miss. Don't get me wrong, when I hear a high tone or a tone that I believe to be more than a standard flat button at any site my blood pressure goes up. Each year I do luck into a site or two that does cater to that old feeling, but nothing like it use to be. I remember the days when digging a percussion cap or a flat button would send me through the roof. I WILL NEVER though be the one that curses "dug another dang flat button" like some folks that I know. Bill and I have a true passion for colonial history and love digging it all.
I would love to dig a flat button. They still have eluded me. I am sure many find it silly, but old bullets really make me happy! I hope you find that feeling again. May we all get so many great finds we get a bit jaded and unimpressed by digs such as yours. Congrats again.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really nice button Dan and back-to-back silver days is nothing to sneeze at.

I get bummed when I research an early site but only come away with Indian heads and Victorian era relics. I blame it on Bill and his cache of hammered silver and his museum of 17th century relics he calls a house :tongue3:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a really nice button Dan and back-to-back silver days is nothing to sneeze at.

I get bummed when I research an early site but only come away with Indian heads and Victorian era relics. I blame it on Bill and his cache of hammered silver and his museum of 17th century relics he calls a house :tongue3:

Simmer down Joey - your time's a comin' .....

OP
OP
HomeGuardDan

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Happens to the best of us Joey - I have busted on many sites and also had many of great days. Both Bill and I had those days last year (Bill remember that first peanut field with dad? and the hidden field I got permission for us on?) in both instances all we dug were turn of the century stuff...and I lucked out at both digging V nickles! ha

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked at your pic again and read the posts again. My eyes were instantly drawn to the .58.....for some reason old lead has become a favorite for me. I am looking forward to future posts from no man's land!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread