String abrader Native American

Beachrock

Aug 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
String abrader ? Native American Rock beach find

Found these two "rocks" not sure what they are. They seemed to not be naturally made. My son and I like finding neat rocks. I posted earlier and then went and found the other stone because I thought maybe related? I am not even sure if Native American or wishful thinking. IMG_6255.JPG IMG_6256.JPG IMG_6254.JPG IMG_6257.JPG IMG_6257.JPG IMG_6230.JPG IMG_6231.JPG IMG_6242.JPG IMG_6245.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THATS A NEEET RELIC..

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not from your area but I think they are all natural. Beach rocks come in all sizes and shapes. Water can carve a rock into many shapes.

Wampum

Jun 13, 2011
Tioga County PA.
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had posted in the other thread that I thought the one was an abrader. The c shaped one with the three lines looks even more like an abrader to me. Those three grooves in the hole are evenly spaced and look like slots for arrow shaft forming/straightening and it doesn't look natural to me. I do agree that water can do much to rock. That being said I am very picky as to what I pick up and take home and that I would have picked up.

mn9000

Oct 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy that first stone is interesting. 2nd one more than likely natural but I can't help but to think that first one might be man made. I definitely would have brought both those home for a closer look too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread