string ray

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
the old Sting Ray is good,some people say better than the TS but you will pay around $350 for a used one..id go for the new Tiger Shark,its a great water machine and awesome on small gold! also the best warranty on the market and that's very important in a water detector!

Digum

Jul 24, 2008
gottit said:
Need help/ thinkin bout tesoro string ray(advice needed) and want to know anyone that has one or exp with one/ how much should I pay or should I go for a tiger shark! Money is tight! gottit!!

I've used a Stingray for years. GREAT fresh water machine. In my opinion the best fresh water machine there is. It's very sensitive, and will find small gold chains and earrings that others pass over. If it's small lightweight gold why would you want it? Small necklaces and small earrings sometimes come with big diamonds. Stingrays are not plentiful and they're not cheap. But if you can get your hands on a good one you'll probably never get rid of it. I don't know how it would handle in saltwater. The Tiger shark is a good machine and can be used in either fresh or saltwater, but the sound it makes is like a loud annoying quacking duck, and personally I can't stand it for long.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used them both. The Stingray was a great detector, but the Tiger Shark has a saltwater mode to better handle the salt better. Still for fresh water the Stingray would make a fine gold getter. Plus Tesoro will still repair these things to make them like new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread