Stringtown Spurred Lance

Chris Thompson

Greenie
Sep 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stringtown Spurred Lance. Found 1552661061637-1253070100.jpg in Vinton County Ohio. Made of Zaleski flint. Link to video of find.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Chris Thompson

Greenie
Sep 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zaleski chert is what most of the artifacts are made of from in my area. It makes a pretty artifact with its black waxy look but also makes artifacts very hard to find. Thanks for your comment and good luck to u.

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see it is well made from your picture!

How about posting some more pictures? Not all of us are slaves of google... lol

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Point. I love the Zaleski Flint. We don't find a lot of it down here in Scioto county but we find a few pieces made from it.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice short, sweet video. Great find!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you from Franklin County?
I lived in south Columbus when in grade school. Dad was stationed at Lockbourne AFB. Later I moved to GroveCity. I searched the fields along the Scioto and Darby in Franklin & Pickaway counties. I have all my points from then and my brothers stuff too. I still love Ohio points and enjoy seeing them posted here. Please keep on showing your finds.

OP
OP
C

Chris Thompson

Greenie
Sep 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Stringtown Spurred Lance point was actually name after a site on Stringtown Rd (Grove City). Are u familiar with the site on Stringtown Rd?

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Stringtown Spurred Lance point was actually name after a site on Stringtown Rd (Grove City). Are u familiar with the site on Stringtown Rd?
I knew the point got it's name from Stringtown Rd. I never saw the site or knew exactly where it was. A lot of paleo artifacts were found in southern Franklin Co. Stringtown Rd. is all built up now especially near the freeway interchange.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I met Ernie Good who always claimed he gave the point its name. By the time I met him he was too old to go out searching but had the most incredible collection I have seen to this date. He had a large garage he converted to a museum of sorts and his Ohio stuff was unreal. He donated a lot of stuff to the Ohio Historical Society Museum and has a plaque on the wall there. He lived in GroveCity a few miles from Stringtown Rd. & the Scioto River. He was very tight lipped about his sites!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread