STUBBLE FIELD ..........<<<ROMAN SILVER>>>...

D

dugupfinds

Lovely day today, sun was shining & the cold winds & rain had passed.

We decided to hit the stubble field as we couldn't handle the slog of the Huge Field.

A couple of detectorist have hit this field recently, the type that normally use the cover of dark & sell/drink the profits. So we wanted to hoover up what they had missed.

We got off to a slow start but towards the middle of the day I had a stunning Roman bronze coin. Showed Dad & did the dance ;D. 30 seconds later he said I got a better one. I walked over thinking - 'thats not possible unless his got a mint dupondius' (not expecting a silver). But there it was a silver Siliqua of Julian II. Now both of these came from the area which had digs all around them. This was our first Roman silver from this field in 7 years. This field has been covered by various people for over 20 years.

Finds included:
RARE - 18th century lead alloy button - 4th Queen's Own Hussars - Dragoon's - damaged
3 Roman Bronze Coins & the Silver-
2 'Scrappies'
AE3 (Reduced Follis) - Crispus AD323-324
Siliqua - Julian II - AD360-363
Long Live - Edward VII - Badge (Pin)

Attachments

• bits.JPG
    bits.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 306
  • buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 279
  • heads.JPG
    heads.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 320
  • tails.JPG
    tails.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 326
  • pots.JPG
    pots.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0

Candyman

Mar 9, 2007
Great Britain
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Wow- very nice, can it get better me thinks than that! It was a lovely day was out for a short while and found 3 bullets. How deep were your finds. My friend and I collect galleon wood from the south coast and he is making me a treasure chest from the wood. He is a master craftsman who makes furniture, mirrors from the natural sea worn galleon wood. I will send you pics shortly.

Happy Hunting and your finds spur me on!

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Candyman said:
Wow- very nice, can it get better me thinks than that! It was a lovely day was out for a short while and found 3 bullets. How deep were your finds. My friend and I collect galleon wood from the south coast and he is making me a treasure chest from the wood. He is a master craftsman who makes furniture, mirrors from the natural sea worn galleon wood. I will send you pics shortly.

Happy Hunting and your finds spur me on!

Being a plough field which are my favourite type of field. They were mainly 3-4" deep.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Dug, just great! Seems the targets on plowed fields work their way to the 3"-4" depth on average. HH and thanks for the post, Mike

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm drooling. Fantastic display of finds you got there. You never let us down.
Congrats.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread