Studebaker nameplate

rokstenha

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2010
I found an "ID" plate on which is written "STUDEBAKER BROS.MFG.CO." on the top line. Under it is "SOUTH BEND.IND.,U.S.A." It seems to be lead, measuring 2.75" x 0.64" x 0.10". There are 0.07" mounting holes 0.10" from the ends, centered vertically. It has been dated 1868-1910 from a horsedrawn buggy. I am not a "metal detector" nor a dealer. What could be done with it? If there is a market for this how do I go about selling it?

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee
if you try ebay, put all keywords that could possibly direct someone to your item.

i even make a few lines after the description that includes every word, even mispelled words, without quotations or commas or parenthesis, that i can think of that relate to the item, it's origin, if any picture. all this helps people looking for one thing. i think the term is cross collectible - for instance a piece of coal scrip may have a ship on it. if the seller only describes the token by name or catalog number a person hunting 'anything with a ship that's old' would not see the item. some people only collect local towns or states so always list the state and spell it all the ways possible even mispelling it.

never know if you research it a little you may find it would be worth having a minimum bid to assure a good value for it.

OP
OP
R

rokstenha

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2010
"intimer" Thanx for the info. One (restoration) site I came across stated that such nameplates could sell for less than $50. Does that sound reasonable to you?

OP
OP
R

rokstenha

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2010
vibes, I would like to do that. However, I have been unemployed or under-employed for over four years. So I need to sell it.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
rokstenha said:
vibes, I would like to do that. However, I have been unemployed or under-employed for over four years. So I need to sell it.

e-mail them and ask the value:)

OP
OP
R

rokstenha

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2010
Got my camera fixed. Picture is attached.

Attachments

• stud name(1).JPG
    stud name(1).JPG
    414.8 KB · Views: 236

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread