Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Students Treated Like Slaves As Part of School Field Trip

Students were told to ā€˜hide in the woods from their white mastersā€™

Julie Wilson
Infowars.com
September 20, 2013

Students at Hartford Magnet Trinity College Academy in Hartford, Conn., were on a field trip last November to Natureā€™s Classroom (a residential environment education program), when they were asked to re-enact slavery as part of ā€˜educational exercise.ā€™

A local newspaper called The Courant, confirms that on the third night of a four-day trip, students participated in an exercise that included ā€œthreatening language and use of a racial epithet; packing together students in a dark room, as if they were on a slave ship; and hiding in the woods from ā€˜white mastersā€™ ā€“ and the instructors were white.

ā€œā€˜Bring those (n-word) to the house over there. (N-word) if you can read, thereā€™s a problem. Dumb, dark-skinned (n-word). How dare you look at me?ā€™ā€

The overall theme of the re-enactment was the ā€œUnderground Railroad.ā€

Sandra Baker said her 12-year daughter, who is African-American, was ā€œterrorizedā€ during the exercise and filed a complaint in March with the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO).

Baker, stunned by the exercise, says her daughter was subjected to ā€œsocial and emotion abuseā€ after participating in the program and has since pulled her out of the school system.

Spokesman for CHRO said the case is still active and provided no further information.

Natureā€™s Classroom has more than a dozen locations in England and New York, and four in Conn.

Director John G. Santos said the ā€œUnderground Railroadā€ is only ā€œone of 500 activitiesā€ they provide, and thousands of children have been participating for decades.

Santos defended the program calling it a ā€œhistorical event,ā€ an ā€œactivity that has validity,ā€ and a ā€œsimulation.ā€

The programā€™s main focus is on ecology, but Santos says ā€œecology includes humankind and weā€™re working on behalf, and with the schools, that have four major subjects, history being one of them, the social sciences another.ā€

The executive director of the African-American Affairs Commission was ā€œoutragedā€ when he learned that several Conn., schools had participated in the re-enactment.

Unfortunately this type of ā€œeducationā€ isnā€™t uncommon.

Yesterday Fox News ran a report about 4th grade students in La., who were given assignments that included the words ā€œPo Pimpā€ and ā€œmobstaz.ā€

Brittney Badeaux was horrified when she heard her 9-year son say the words ā€œPo Pimpā€ and ā€œmobstaz;ā€ the whole assignment was reportedly filled with ā€œEbonics.ā€

The lesson was an initiative from the Common Core State Standards program, which happens to be backed by the Obama administration and enacted in 45 states, the District of Columbia and four territories. Itā€™s meant to set a ā€œuniform standardā€ for children, but is doing nothing but ripping the morals and values out the school system.

Superintendent Jerome Puyau, sounded like a brain-dead zombie when he said, ā€œWe foresee that our students will not be successful unless with [sic] align everything to the common core standards.

ā€œWe want them to read real world texts,ā€ said Puyau. ā€œWe know they will go into a department store and see an album with that language on it. We know that will happen. But is that something they should be reading in the schools?ā€

The superintendent audaciously claimed the school did have ā€œhigh morals.ā€ He said he takes ā€œfull responsibilityā€ but believes the material is the correct and appropriate material for that age group, according to the Common Core standards.

Laughably, the superintendent said taken ā€œOut of context, this word is inappropriate.ā€

This article was posted: Friday, September 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Tags: education

Related Articles

Why Spanking High-School Students Is Dangerous
Students Kicked Out of School for Not Taking Vaccines
Texas School District Will Track Students ā€˜via chips in IDsā€™
Texas Students Treated Like Cattle with Mandatory RFID Tags
Exclusive: School Teaches Students itā€™s Constitutional for Cops to Confiscate Guns

no doubt this is the president's fault, but really, in what corner of your mind is it related to the 2nd amendment?

Jeff, I just looked and your still not a mod.......

You bet it's related to the 2nd. These are the kind of liberal jackazzes(new breed of educators) that are trying everything they know to ban weapons and rights. They think this pathetic episode(slavery lesson) has merit because they say so. They think changing the constitution to fit their desires is ok too. Again, because they say so...

So let me get this straight..the black girl was so traumatized in November of last year that she waited 5 months to file a complaint from hearing the N word which if she listens to the so called musical talents of jay-z, lil Wayne etc she would hear the N word dozens of times along with Ho and the B word probably while she was singing to it. I'm sure because white ppl were conducting the exercise that's what terrorized her because it was so real and made her have flashbacks of something she knows nothing about. Oh wait I live near Harriet Tubman's actual house and we have historical markers showing the underground railroad where WHITE ppl helped slaves reach freedom. Why is it certain ppl want to twist parts of history to make others look even worse about something that happened long ago but don't want to take credit for the evil they themselves are doing currently? Such as the Ebonics idiocy. I do not want my children learning broken English which is broken only because the ppl speaking it are too damn lazy to pronounce the flipping word correctly and wonder why they are at the bottom of the hiring ladder. (Yo man hit me up with dat application so I's can gets me dis job & your onna all dem bags was fo persl use so I thinks da officer wuz jus makin it up tryin to trapment me in sumfin.) no joke ppl the first I heard at a McDonalds and the next in court this idiot was his own lawyer who had been caught with over 200little bags of pot. I and the majority of the courtroom laughed till the judge threatened us all with contempt even though he laughed after he sent the guy away. Are we honestly going to sit quietly and let idiots who want Ebonics and other trash in our schools make up the rules that will ruin what little good there is left?

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Red? I apologize for the white hood comment, it was out of line. I have nothing against you personally.

Well jeff,now you know that I know that youre only sorry,that is,until the next time insult me.:evil6:

Please end it so a mod doest have to.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This article is nothing more than anti-teacher/education propaganda.

This loosely strung together article is comparing 2 completely different unrelated events and is over dramatizing at least 1 of them while providing very little details into the actual stories themselves.

If the article actually has a point, someone, please tell me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back