Stuff found in a combine

70bee

May 15, 2010
My father found a bunch of stuff that someone bought off the HSN or Morgan mint etc. It was found in a combine he was cutting up for scrap metal. The large liberty is a large piece of copper layered in platinum. The Large 64 Kennedy lists its .999 silver and one troy half pound, not sure if I believe it. There are 6 peace dollars Apollo coins and a few other loose things. Neat, but I didn't find it so off to ebay I guess. Anyone see anything of particular value??? Not the best pic, sorry.

0515001653.jpg

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, fantastic, good for you, congrads. take care. ron

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, you never know what you are going to find when you start cutting up those combines.

OP
OP

70bee

May 15, 2010
I think the guy recently went to a nursing home, was in his 80s and this was one old piece of farm machinery that was auctioned off.

When my brother was helping my dad scrap when he was young he found 1918 pennies used to shim a plow, amazing where a good find can turn up!

manorman

Dec 8, 2008
the half pound troy 999 silver is worth 288.00 by itself, the peace dollars worth at least 15.00 dollars each even if they are in poor shape, and those look pretty good, grat recovery.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread