Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. I took the sea hunter out for as spin after work and hit my favourite beach, the place where I lost my gold cherry.. I'll never forget.. Anyway the tide had already started coming in so I was thinking a little about where I should hit first, there being two main used parts of the beach north and south. I started at the south heading north and my mind was just ticking away thinking about how things travel up and down the beach, if I should just concentrate on those heavily used areas. The treasure gods must have been listening because when I checked my finds (pull tabs, iron, broken key? And a piece of a comb or hair thingy) at end of day I received my answer. What at first I thought was part of a key was actually part of the comb thingy! Found right at opposite ends of the beach. Stuff travels

image-886335466.jpg

Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of an answer, I suspect you found two different similar broken combs.
The fracture line is very different on each.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You never know. The recent story about the family in FL finding the other half of a gold PRYX from the treasure ship which was 300 feet away from where they found the first half, which they thought was a picture frame. Stuff does travel, and lighter stuff like an aluminum comb will obviously travel farther than something gold. Every day is a new learning experience......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread