Stuff You Find in a Dump.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Spent the weekend cleaning up the old city dump. What do you find in a dump? Garbage!:BangHead::laughing7: I did manage a few old cool discoveries. The old brass Cigar Display thing was a surprise. Edward K. Blewett was born in 1878 and died in 1939. He is buried in Galena, Illinois. He owned Blewett's Standard Cigar Company back in Galena, IL. Got a huge sheet of copper or brass. I dinged it trying to get it out of the dirt. This place it littered with surface finds all over but, mostly broken bottles, plates, cups, etc. Sure is fun to go rummaging through 100 year old trash though. I imagine I may get a few coins if I persist with this endeavor. Might get a sifter down here and see what that produces. Have a great week. Kurios1

Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 003.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 006.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 002.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 007.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 008.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 009.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 010.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 011.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 012.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 013.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 020.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 023.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 024.JPG Amboy City Park Trash Hunt 025.JPG

Upvote 27

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE DIRT FISHING FINDS

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. Hey, Kevin...did u know that there was a SECOND race track in the park? And they both existed at the same time for a while.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. I think that explains all the broken booze bottles and various other trash I am finding here. Not far from one of the tracks is this dump. I guess it was convenient back then to toss their trash here. I just hope to find a few more "glamorous" recoveries along with all this garbage.:tongue3:

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Artistic arrangement...Love it. You HAVE had your tetanus shot, right? Lots of opportunities for cuts in a dump![emoji6]

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice collection of relics, congratulations! :occasion14:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the finds! You might want to build a big sifter and get a backhoe because they did not recycle back then and there has to be tons to recyclable metal in the dump that you can cash in on and in the process, make some old...amazing and valuable finds. Some bottles in that dump are likely worth some bucks if intact. I also hope you come across some thrown away coins and cash and as you know, some 100 year old Currency notes could be worth their weight in Gold.

Frank

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds! You might want to build a big sifter and get a backhoe because they did not recycle back then and there has to be tons to recyclable metal in the dump that you can cash in on and in the process, make some old...amazing and valuable finds. Some bottles in that dump are likely worth some bucks if intact. I also hope you come across some thrown away coins and cash and as you know, some 100 year old Currency notes could be worth their weight in Gold.

Frank

Thanks for the encouragement. My childhood friend and neighbor and me would bottle hunt this old dump back in the early 70's. They have since bull dozed it's original location into a huge ridge with a bunch of concrete thrown in as well. Add the nasty scrub brush which makes for nearly impossible swinging and this place is a nightmare. I do love the challenge though plus it's reconnecting with my days running through here as a youngun'. Cold and windy today but, the vegetation and trees do provide a good wind break. Clean up in isle 1 through 50!:laughing9:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Artistic arrangement...Love it. You HAVE had your tetanus shot, right? Lots of opportunities for cuts in a dump![emoji6]

I always wear my gloves when rooting through the dirt. I am more concerned with loosing an eyeball with all the low twigs and branches. I wear my safety goggles when I am in bad spots. I must have OCD for taking an hour to arrange trash!:laughing9:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice well rounded hunt Kurious! A little bit of everything.
I like the salt or pepper shakers. Any clear old glass is always fun to find.
Definitely like the Cigar sign. Id hang that one up for sure.
Its cool to see you can take a trip down memory lane and see what you had passed up when you were younger.
Keep it up and good luck on snagging some coin next time!
-TMD-

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a fun place to dig! Lots of targets, oldie surface finds are cool too. Good luck with the site!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on the cool stash you found....awesome way to add to your relic collection. Congrats!!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great 'dump finds' there Kevin, the brass cigar advertising sign is a nice find! :occasion14:
I too love finding old bottles and preserve jar lids, often the 'eyeball finds' we make are better then what the detector finds.

Best of luck to you,
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread