stumped about this site????

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign,Ace 250,White's DFX, custom made waterproof detector
I headed back over to the site I started detecting again tonight.There used to be 4 houses on this lot with the oldest being constructed in 1890's and the newest in the 1950's.I have found coins from other countries from the 50's and 60's but the oldest U.S. coin I have found is a 1967 Quarter.Most coins are newer pennies.I am stumped why I haven't found silver here yet.All 4 of these houses were very nice with well cared for property.I haven't even found a wheat penny yet.There are still trees standing on this lot and I have concentrated on these areas seeing as they were not touched by the dozers when the houses were torn down.Does anyone have any ideas?I thought maybe my 4900DL MAX just wasn't going deep enough but I have air tested a dime at 7-9 inches.Today I found 5 pennies,a nickle and the 1967 Quarter as well as lots of trash.

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they've been detected before?

OP
OP
D

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
Thought about that but I am finding older foreign coins deep still. ??? ??? ???

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
nice keep it up you will find more :thumbsup:

R

robbuckalew

Try going after a good rain.
It helps the conductivity. Persistence pays off ;D

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
never give up never surrender!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
might have been "silver" cherry picked. in the past.

Suckerpunched

Nov 15, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
I'm finding the same issue where I hunt. Have found a couple old wheats, a canadian dime(1949) and a couple old silver rings. No silver US coins. This area was built in the 1940's and judging by the buttons and .30 caliber casings found should give up at least a couple silver coins...I'll just keep diggin....

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Sometimes it's guess work, I have luck with gravel driveways also the path between the driveways and the main door that gets used. Since these houses seems pretty old try looking for some trees that might have been used for clothes lines. Some people back in the old days used them you might have luck there.

OP
OP
D

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
Jimmy@romega said:
Sometimes it's guess work, I have luck with gravel driveways also the path between the driveways and the main door that gets used. Since these houses seems pretty old try looking for some trees that might have been used for clothes lines. Some people back in the old days used them you might have luck there.
A lot of trees on these lots have nails in them and some have like tow straps tied to them.I just can't believe I haven't come across an Indian Head Penny or anything like that.I have worked the back of the lots and now when the rain lets up I am gonna do the front yards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread