Stumped on G Stamp! 1950s Atomic style pin stamped "12k G" ??

Jan 25, 2015
North Carolina Appalachian Mountains
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stumped on 'G' Stamp! 1950's Atomic style pin stamped "12k G" ??

I am familiar with 12k GF (Gold Fill) but I have never seen just a 'G' (maybe a 'C'?) :icon_scratch: ...The stamp is not cut off either as if the 'F' didn't make it. Any input is welcome! Thanks so much!

P.S. Complete stamp is "Nice 12k G"...assuming Nice, France since it lines up with the atomic style and time period.

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, somebody's got to say it -may we have pictures, please? Front and back, because even if it's just the stamp you're interested in, the rest of us want to see it, plus the item itself may give a clue to the stamp.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
prodigalcollectibles
Jan 25, 2015
North Carolina Appalachian Mountains
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, somebody's got to say it -may we have pictures, please? Front and back, because even if it's just the stamp you're interested in, the rest of us want to see it, plus the item itself may give a clue to the stamp.

Sure thing--these are as clear as I could get--hope it helps--thanks for any and all help!

P1250155.JPG P1250150.JPG P1250146.JPG

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a gold filled (missing the F) piece of jewelry from what I see in the picture and also how it's constructed imo. Take it to a pawn shop and see if they thinks it's a solid piece of gold jewelry. They'll let you know if it's worth anything to them.

Upvote 0

Sentrom

Oct 18, 2012
Near Chicago
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it is 12K G and missing the F then I would bet 1/20th 12K gold filled. If the G is really an R and missing GP or GF then 1/30 12K gold filled. But if that G is a C while unusual, but it could mean 12K Clad then its gold electro plate (plated with a thin layer of 12K gold). If it is 12K G missing an E or EP then its 12K gold electro plate.

Upvote 0

JRedHorse

Feb 1, 2015
from NH relocating to FL summer 2015
Detector(s) used
I have a Teknetics Gamma 6000 Metal Detector but will be upgrading when I hit FL.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread