Stumped

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well that is not quite true. I didn't get totally stumped. It was another great morning and I hear we are supposed to get some storms pretty soon. My only complaint this morning was that a young man came where I was and he backed his suv up and opened up the back. He got out his lounge chair and settled in for a nice day. The problem was .... he turned on his stereo blaringly loud with rap music. It was awful. I took it for about an hour and then decided I had had enough. This is a small area and I just couldn't get away from it. I know some of you gng's like this stuff and I'm old fashioned but YUK! My total find for today is 80 cents! 3 quarters and 1 nickel plus my usual junk. Ah well who knows what will come tomorrow.

072310.jpg

I hope your day is as good (certainly not worse) than mine or BETTER! :wink:

Upvote 0

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Was he wearing any "Gansta" Bling? :laughing9: And did you really post this at 4 in the morning??? I'm staying home today Mums, saving it for you.. :laughing7:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
finderzzs said:
Was he wearing any "Gansta" Bling? :laughing9: And did you really post this at 4 in the morning??? I'm staying home today Mums, saving it for you.. :laughing7:

No "Gansta" Bling but a lot of tatoos! Your computer time much be off.... I posted about 11:00 am. LOL

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
mumszie said:
finderzzs said:
My computer? It says at the top "Posted at 4:17 am.
No "Gansta" Bling but a lot of tatoos! Your computer time much be off.... I posted about 11:00 am. LOL

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Aw come on, did'nt that music just perfectly compliment the serene beauty of the sunrise along with the clouds and the gentle breeze softly carressing the sand and sea. I'm with you, if I had to listen to that stuff for more than 5 minutes I'd lose it. >:(

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
finderzzs said:
mumszie said:
finderzzs said:
My computer? It says at the top "Posted at 4:17 am.

On my computer it says posted at 11:02 and thats the right time here. Strange.............

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Mumzie:

I am really amazed that you stuck it out for the amount of time you did. Myself, I can't stand Rap. I've always believed that Rap is only for those that can't sing. Too much politcal, racial, degrading to women and highly sexist themes in Rap to allow one to really relax, just rediculous to listen to that cr@*! Gives me a headache and is definitely not for me. Very few of the rappers can play an instrument, even fewer of the mediocre ones can even hold a proper note. Writing skills, listen to most of the rap lyrics, and you'll find it to be at grade 4 at best. Most of the rap songs only use words that rhyme, songs are just too ridiculous to even waste my time on! To me rap is like a cold sore!, you just want the d#*% thing to go away.

I'll stick to the 60's, 70's & the 80's rock. Always have and always will. Kansas, The Eagles, Boston, Beatles, Jim Croce, James Taylor, Queen, AC/DC, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Marley, U2, Led Zeplin, Frankie Valley, Odus Redding, anything in those categories, I'll even listen to most country music. Anything but Rap!

Just my opinion, I don't mean to offend anyones tastes (no matter how bad it is), but that's just the way it is!

Ralph

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only imagine your discomfort with that crap. At least you had some finds :icon_salut: A couple months ago I ran into a couple fellows who know you. They were here in Aruba on a group hunt. They had nothing but good things to say about you.

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Never fails to amaze me how different music affects different folks. I'm with you although I'd have packed my bags as soon as the "music" started blasting away. If I could manage to combine my metal detector with my Ipod I'd be in heaven right down here.

JRich

ruck

Mar 5, 2005
Mansfield,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Numerous
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rap! -----YUCK!. I am with Ralph on the 60`s 70`s & 80`s rock & it has to be newer country! Bad Company,REO,Journey,Bob Seager

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
Aloha Mumszie... thats the one type of music i can't stand. You lasted longer than i would have. Mikey

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
Just remember... if you put a "C" in front of "RAP" you have the definition of what it really is - "CRAP"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread